No Serial Number found !!

Shashi

Hi,

I had purchased Nitro Pro V6 from Cleverbridge. There is no Serial Number mentioned in their Invoice, nor does the Serial Number show up in the 'Help', 'About' section.

Cleverbridge says to contact Nitro Support to find out the Sl#, but Nitro Support has not responded to my earlier query on another post.

I need to uninstall the Nitro Pro 6 on my old 32 bit Windows 7 Laptop and install it on the 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. Apparently, I cannot do this without the Serial Number.

So, hope the Support people respond to this query at least !

How do I get the Sl# ?

Can I uninstall without the Sl# and if yes, how do I activate the License on the new Laptop without the Sl # ?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Do you still have Nitro 6 installed? If so, you can retrieve the serial number from the registry in Windows.  If you've uninstalled Nitro 6, or for some reason you can't find it in the registry, then support is your only option.

Let me know if you want directions for finding the serial number in the registry.

46 minutes ago, Steven Zakulec said:

Do you still have Nitro 6 installed? If so, you can retrieve the serial number from the registry in Windows.  If you've uninstalled Nitro 6, or for some reason you can't find it in the registry, then support is your only option.

Let me know if you want directions for finding the serial number in the registry.

Hi Steven, the Nitro 6 is still installed on my old laptop. So, please let me know how I can find the serial number from the Windows Registry.

Thanks

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Open up regedit (Start, regedit, click on Registry Editor), and then go to this path in the registry:

HKEY\Local Machine\Software\Nitro\Pro\6.0

There should be a key called Serial number, with a number there.  This should be your serial number.

Hopefully that helps.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

You could try searching the entire registry for SerialNumber - maybe it was located in a different place for Nitro 6?

Otherwise, you could try creating a Support Tools file, and open that up and see if the serial number is contained there:

On the Help tab, from the Online Support group, choose Support Tools.

From the Support tab, click Save to File.

Select a location for the Support Tools file, and choose Save.

Then open up the file and look for a serial number field.

Hi Steve, I did as above and saved the "SupportTool.zip" file which contains a '0' byte config.dat file, a cnf file and a txt file.

Both the txt & cnf files in the zip file do not have any serial number information anywhere.

The txt file shows a blank against the License Status line.

This was purchased during a promotional sale on the Nitro website and I am wondering if that is the reason for a missing Sl# !

The "Cleverbridge" Invoice says "Nitro PDF® Professional Upgrade to OCR (Presale)Single user license (Released in Jan 2010)" and 

Anyway, what happens if I uninstall Nitro on my old Laptop ? Do I get some kind of a License file which I can use on my new Laptop OR is the Sl# an absolute MUST ?!

Appreciate your help ! Thanks a lot :-)

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I'm not sure what else you can do- you'll need a serial number to activate the software, and if you uninstall the software the license will be deactivated unless you aren't connected to the internet at the time.

With regards to your email, do you have any even earlier ones? A long, long time ago, OCR was not a standard part of Nitro, and there was an add-on option- I'm thinking maybe that's what that email is.

Here's an article link with all of the serial number formats so you can try to find the email with it: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/answers/Nitro Pro/000001640

The article also tells you what to look for in the emails- hopefully you can track down that info.

Archived