PDF Preview Handler does not work in Outlook 2016 or explorer?

EricDeanMorse

EricDeanMorse

This used to work. I do not even see Nitro in the previewer registry and I'm losing my mind. Why can't I preview in outlook or even explorer anymore??? I have to double click and open every PDF in Nitro now just to see it?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

This is still a feature there- two things you can try.

Repair Nitro: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641

Re-do the Nitro Office plugins: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/answers/Nitro Pro/000001584

(The article talks about the Nitro PDF Printer, but the Support Tools program mentioned also contains the Office add-ins/plugins settings).

Also, make sure the plugin didn't somehow get disabled in Outlook (File, Manage COM Addins).

Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...
Dwain Blackwelder

The following issues started after installing Nitro Pro 11 and then uninstalling Nitro Pro 10, (which had worked without any issues):

I have Outlook 2013 and had the same problem with not being able to preview the pdf files in an email.  The fix was doing the Repair Nitro option above.  Before trying that, I went to the options in Outlook and deactivated and reactivated the Nito plug-in but that did not fix the problem.   

Previous to discovering this issue with Outlook, I had an issue with printing reports from my Quicken 2014.  I had not had any problems with printing pdf's in any other application up until then.  It would look like it was creating the pdf but would then give an "Abort" error.  I reinstalled Nitro Pro 10 and then the problem went away.  After printing what was needed from Quicken, I again deleted Nitro Pro 10 and now can still print from Quicken.  I guess reinstall version 10 fixed the issue with the print driver.  Anyway, it seems all is well at this point unless something else pops up!

Archived