-23: Error License number already in use

jasoburch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paul Bartley

I have had Nitro 10 pro activated on my desktop and tablet for several years.

Recently the Nitro on my tablet reported that it was "expired trial"

At my tablet, activation assistant fails with -23: Error - License number already used

I accessed the license activation portal from my tablet, The portal verified my serial number and indicated that I had 2 activations and 0 allowed. The portal recommended that I deactivate and then use activation assistant to try to activate again. I did this. The portal now says I have 0 activations and 2 allowed but the activation assistant (on tablet) still fails with -23 Error.

Any ideas?

Ask the moderator/Nitro to reset your licence code to allow you to use the same code to re-activate the software.

This happens as a result of Microsoft updates, for me anyway.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @telent,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have made a change to the configuration of your serial number in the system so you can activate it by going to Help in Nitro > About > Activation > enter your serial number > Activate.

Cheers!

Super frustrated.  I have purchased 3 license and now I get -23 errors.  

I tried the portal, deactivated,  shows zero activation's, but will not take my serial number.

What is the fix?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @TAG,

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have made a change to the configuration of your serial number in the system so you can activate it by going to Help in Nitro > About > Activation > enter your serial number > Activate.

When Nitro is installed on a machine, (regardless of the activation state) a unique identifier called 'Computer ID' is created, which would generally look like '41959537118535055000'.

We have a rare problem where occasionally Nitro can not create an ID on a computer and instead assigns it to be '00000000000000000000'. This has been related to the deactivation of NetBIOS and network interface adapters, although the cause is currently unknown.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro!

Paul Bartley
7 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @telent,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Cheers!

Allain u are the best. Thanks

pauloctobar

Hi, My laptop did the latest major windows 10 update. I've now tried to open NitroPro 11, and it said it was the trial version. It's the first time happened, I have re-entered my serial number, however, it comes up with the -23: error. Why does happening after a windows update, and how can I re-activate it again? Any help is appreciated. Best Regards.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@pauloctobar you requested refund for this purchase of Nitro Pro which was processed on 4/30/2018. Therefore, you will not be able to activate it ever again. 

pauloctobar

Hello Mario, I bought a refund for a claim and I bought the program again, I bought it and I was using it in a normal way, after the update it is that I get it in trial mode.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@pauloctobar thanks for elaborating on that! I made adjustments to your Nitro Pro 11 license with serial number ending in *8528 so you should be able to successfully activate it now. 

My Nitro Pro 11 license is showing as already in use after we uninstalled Nitro as it was running extremely slow. We have reinstalled Nitro but the support page tells me I have not licences to deactivate? Can someone please reset my license so I can activate my copy of Nitro Pro 11

I just reinstalled the Nitro Pro 11 software in the hopes that it would accept my license but it did not. 

Hi, we are also having the same issue and is becoming increasingly frustrating!! Can someone please help? We submitted a ticket weeks ago with no response. Thanks.

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @Havana, I found the issue with your serial, please try the activation again.

Hi @jpr9845, Your serial is also ready to be activated again. Please note that Pro 8 is no longer supported as per our sunset policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

Hi @newce, Your serial is already in use on other machines.
if you would like to move your license to a new computer or plan on reformatting your computer, I suggest you deactivate first by clicking on:
Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Deactivate > Deactivate

If those computers are no longer available, you can release the serial here: https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal

Thanks Alex, It is working now.  However it takes 1 min 20 secs to open.  Any suggestions of why it takes so long? We are running Nitro Pro 11.0.7.425

Thanks for your reply but although it is indeed used on other machines, we paid assuming could be used on more than one PC. What is the limit on number of PC's?

Hi I need you help Please!

i Recently  had to change the motherboard from my laptop Dell by wanrranty, and now my nitro pro 11.0 is in trial mode. i think is for the change of the MB. My number serial ends in 147459.

Can you help me please in deactivating the license.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/5/2018 at 11:53 AM, DanyBoy said:

Hi I need you help Please!

i Recently  had to change the motherboard from my laptop Dell by wanrranty, and now my nitro pro 11.0 is in trial mode. i think is for the change of the MB. My number serial ends in 147459.

Can you help me please in deactivating the license.

Hi Some News About this Request?

• Power User

Hi @DanyBoy,

Thanks for using the Community to reach out to is. 

I cannot locate your account, could you please send me a PM with your serial number and the email address registered when purchasing Nitro Pro? 

Cheers,

• Power User

Hi @CHANG,

I have made a change to the setup of your serial number on the system so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thanks, 

Archived