Nitro crashes when selecting scanner

Don

When I try to create PDF by scanning a document Nitro crashes as soon as I pick the scanner from the drop down list.

The scanner is a Brother 720D and I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

This scanner runs fine when using it's supplied software to scan.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks.

Don....

• 2 months later...

Hi, has this been fixed. I have just installed fujitsu fi-7160 which uses PaperStream. Nitro keep's crashing & has never allowed me to scan any document. I switch to the TWAIN option & Nitro still keeps crashing. Does anyone have a solution or patch for it? Thanks & I hope to hear from anybody.

• I reported this to Nitro several times but I still have not heard from their tech support.

• 1 month later...

Very similar issue. Just installed Nitro Pro V11 using Brother DCP-7065DN as scanner. If select document feed as source, scanner draws in document and appears to scan it. Nitro Comes up with erorr message and there is no scan. Works with flat bed Option, but scan Quality is poor compared to my ancient Version of Adobe Acrobat Pro (9.0). Very disappointing demo - will deinstall and try something else. 

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Don @IPECA @AGG,

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums!

While there can be many causes as to why a scanner may not function properly, there are general troubleshooting steps you can take before investigating further:

- Make sure the scanner drivers are updated.

- Under the specification, ensure that the driver used for the scanner is either TWAIN or WIA.

- Perform a test scan through another program (such as MS Paint). 

- Make sure your copy of Nitro Pro 11 is updated. You may download the latest version from here: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

If the issue persists, please raise a support ticket here and let me know so I can grab it. 

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Archived