Whiteout problem

ezra.k@taboola.com

ezra.k@taboola.com

I'm using Nitro Pro 11.  Suddenly after working fine for a while "whiteout" stopped working.  Nothing would happen when I would mark material for whiteout.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Nitro and it worked again for about a day but now, again, it does nothing.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @ezra.k@taboola.com,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

Please make sure you have the latest version of Nitro Pro 11 installed by downloading it here.

If the issue persists after the update, try using the 'flattened PDF' function before applying Whiteout (make sure you have a backup of the document first):

File tab > Save As > Standard PDF drop down button > Flattened PDF > choose the location and file name > Save > apply Whiteout

Or try redacting the area, apply redaction, then use the whiteout tool. 

I hope this helps. 

Happy Holidays!

ezra.k@taboola.com

My results are in CAPS:

Please make sure you have the latest version of Nitro Pro 11 installed by downloading it here. TRIED THAT, DIDN'T HELP.

If the issue persists after the update, try using the 'flattened PDF' function before applying Whiteout (make sure you have a backup of the document first): File tab > Save As > Standard PDF drop down button > Flattened PDF > choose the location and file name > Save > apply Whiteout TRIED THAT, DIDN'T HELP

Or try redacting the area, apply redaction, then use the whiteout tool. THIS WORKED BUT IT'S A POOR SOLUTION, IT CHANGES THE NAME OF THE FILE (ADDS "REDACTED") AND IT'S A 5 STEP PROCESS INSTEAD OF A 1 STEP PROCESS (1. MARK REDACT, 2. APPLY REDACTION, 3. APPLY WHITEOUT, 4. SAVE FILE, 5. SAVE FILE AGAIN WITH CORRECT FILE NAME)

HELP!!

• 1 month later...
DontWasteMyTime

Installed Nitro 11 yesterday. Tried whiteout for the first time today. It does nothing, as far as I can tell. I click the tool. A nagging pop-up interrupts me with a GREAT DIRE WARNING about this fabulous time-saving feature. I dismiss that annoyance, mark my rectangle and... drum roll please... absolutely nothing happens. As in SFA.

And while I'm here, do have any idea how stupidly annoying it is to type on this page with an idiot popup telling me to "Enter your text" while  blocking my view of the cursor and what I'm typing? Well I can tell you: It's VERY BLOODY ANNOYING. Get rid of it! Please

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @DontWasteMyTime,

Thanks for posting on our community forums.

We just released a build that should solve your concern. Please update your copy and download the latest version of Nitro Pro 11 here:

https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

We appreciate the feedback. This is noted. Thank you.

Archived