Computer Stolen - Cannot Deactivate and Reactivate

pedrg93

Hello, 

My old laptop was stolen recently, and I've been unable to deactivate Nitro Pro 11 from it. I still have the license, and have tried the portal to deactivate, but I still get error 23. However, when I hit deactivate, it says I get a pop up that says I can deactivate 0 devices. 

When inputting my serial number, I get a small chart with:

serial number :234***-******-******

Version: 11

Number of Activations: 0

Activations allowed: 2

Does anyone know what to do, or have been in a similar situation? Is there a way to still use my license?

Thanks.

Edited by Alex E.

• 7 months later...
On 12/26/2017 at 1:11 PM, pedrg93 said:

Hello, 

My old laptop was stolen recently, and I've been unable to deactivate Nitro Pro 11 from it. I still have the license, and have tried the portal to deactivate, but I still get error 23. However, when I hit deactivate, it says I get a pop up that says I can deactivate 0 devices. 

When inputting my serial number, I get a small chart with:

serial number :234***-******-******

Version: 11

Number of Activations: 0

Activations allowed: 2

Does anyone know what to do, or have been in a similar situation? Is there a way to still use my license?

Thanks.

I have a similar problem (ransomware attacked laptop, had to get it wiped) so I can't deactivate.  Can't reach support, older version (NP9), but issue is applicable to all releases both discontinued and current.  How can I install software on a "new" computer in such a case?  And BTW, impossible to contact support.  If I was new to NP, I would find an alternative but I've used NP software since NP6 I believe...

• 1 year later...
Phoebe Pearce

I'm the same - please assist. Tried posting to these support pages, just keep geting re-directs to some e-Sign page.

Edited by Phoebe Pearce
Want to tick the 'notify of replys' but the button is gone on edit.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Phoebe Pearce,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro 12 by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
Phoebe Pearce
On 7/4/2020 at 5:42 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @Phoebe Pearce,

To further assist you, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro 12 by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

I followed the process, downloaded, Activate, hit issues. Was directed to use the online portal to activate. Invalid key message. I've got two keys. Once for the original, and one for an upgrade.  I've tried the process with both. Can you please look into this matter again. Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Phoebe Pearce,

Could you please provide the serial number of Nitro Pro 12 you are having issue activating with?

Also a screenshot of the window that asked you to use our online portal to activate.

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having exactly the same issue - I've deactivated a license but everytime I try to use the license key on a new computer it says that the license is invalid (despite the browser recognising that the license exists and letting me deactivate a license).

Will the same thing here have happened to me?

Thanks,

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Iain Thomson,

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Iain Thomson,

Thank you for the private message.

Please be informed that 'The serial number entered does not exist' means the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro Pro. Looks like we need to uninstall the current version of Nitro Pro on your computer and install Nitro Pro 12. We then activate it using your serial number. Kindly follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Nitro Pro from your computer by going to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features then reboot the machine.

2. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

3. Download your Nitro Pro 12 using these offline link/s:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are unsure if your machine is using 32 or 64-bit, please refer to this link: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/64/000003790 

4. After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.