Ordered Nitro 11, Received Activation Code for Nitro 10

RichJa

I recently downloaded the trial version of Nitro Pro 11, which worked fine.

I decided to buy the software and the vendor link quoted a price for Nitro Pro 11, which I accepted and paid today.  I was provided with a serial number, but when I attempt to use it to activate the trial version I receive an error message to the effect that the serial number is from a different version of Nitro Pro.

On investigation, it appears that the download and serial number that I received are for Nitro Pro 10.

Please help me to sort this out.

Thank you.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@RichJa Since you purchased Nitro Pro from a vendor, you need to reach out back to them for assistance. We always suggest purchasing Nitro Pro licenses from our website, www.gonitro.com. That way we can always assist you with any problems. 

Thank you for your reply, Mario. I am sorry if my post was unclear. The purchase was made from your website. Is there other information that you would like me to provide in this regard? 

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@RichJa thanks for clarifying that! Could you please reach out to Cleverbridge, our administrator partner and have them issue you Nitro Pro 11 installers and serial number? You can contact them at https://support.cleverbridge.com. Give them your original purchase information and explain exactly what happened. Please let me know if they push back in any way and I will personally contact them. 

Hi @Mario K..  My (rather frustrating) correspondence so far with Cleverbridge is copied below.  Grateful for any additional help you can offer.

Best, Richard.

Matthew,

I am grateful for the reply, but note that the nature of the problem may not have been appreciated.

I did not order the wrong version of the product…In fact, there is not even an option on Nitro’s website to order older versions of the product.  What has happened is that the website showed that Version 11 (the only one currently offered) was ordered, but I was supplied with Version 10.

I trust that in these circumstances you will be able to rectify the situation.

Regards,

Richard

From: cleverbridge Customer Support [mailto:cs@cleverbridge.com]
Sent: 28 January, 2018 2:27 PM
To: Richard Ayoub <ayoub@flowja.com>
Subject: Spam:*********, [Customer Support] Re: Purchase of Nitro Pro 11

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Please view our response to your message (2947550) below. For additional questions or comments, please reply to this email.

cleverbridge (Customer Support)

Jan 28, 13:26 CST

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting cleverbridge.

We’re not able to change your order to a different version from the one you purchased, but we can certainly get you a refund in accordance with Nitro's refund policy. Then, you can place a new order for the correct product whenever it’s convenient for you.

If you’d like a refund, just let us know and we’ll be happy to ask Nitro for a refund on your behalf.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and thanks for contacting cleverbridge!

Sincerely,

Matthew L.

cleverbridge Customer Support

--
cleverbridge AG, Cologne
Management: Christian Blume, Martin Trzaskalik, Craig Vodnik, Reinhard Wille
Supervisory Board: Dr. Michael Inhester (Chairman)
Registration: HRB 58900 Commercial Register - Local Court of Cologne

Richard Ayoub

Jan 27, 19:58 CST

I recently downloaded the trial version of Nitro Pro 11 and then decided to buy the software. This was through the Nitro website, which quoted a price for Nitro Pro 11 that I accepted and paid.

I was provided with a serial number, but when I attempt to use it to activate the trial version I receive an error message to the effect that the serial number is from a different version of Nitro Pro. On investigation, it appears that the download and serial number that I received are for Nitro Pro 10.

I referred the matter to Nitro and was advised to contact you and request that you issue me Nitro Pro 11 installers and serial number.

Kindly assist me to resolve this.

Thank you.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@RichJa I'm sorry to hear that Cleverbridge wasn't able to issue Nitro Pro 11 key without having you purchase version 11. I reached out to them and they informed me that you've used an outdated link on a Lenovo machine and they also confirmed that they're not able to generate a version 11 key without you going through the purchase process. I highly suggest you go with that route and purchase Nitro Pro 11 directly from our site www.gonitro.com. Of course, I would approve full refund for your Nitro Pro 10 purchase. This way your Nitro Pro 11 purchase will be on the Cleverbridge record and you'll be able to upgrade it to the future Nitro Pro versions. If you don't want to go through the process of getting a refund and then re-purchasing Nitro Pro, I can issue you a version 11 key but you won't be able to upgrade it or qualify for email support. This is why I don't recommend this option. Please let me know what you decide and I'll assist further. 

Thank you, @Mario K..  I have no difficulty going the refund and re-purchase route.  However, I would appreciate your guidance as to how to avoid the same result as the last time.

The last order was made from a Lenovo machine, about three years old.  However, I am not sure how the outdated link issue arises and am concerned about it occuring again.  I did not purchase using a link from a trial version pre-installed on my machine.  I had two weeks prior downloaded the Version 11 trial.  I linked to the Nitro website through the "Buy Now" button that popped up on expiration of the trial version.  Further, the website very clearly showed that it was Version 11 that was being purchased.

Are there any particular precautions that I shoud take next time?

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@RichJa  I suggest to go directly on our website www.gonitro.com and purchase Nitro Pro 11 from there. You can also use this direct link: https://store.gonitro.com/304/purl-pro-v11?x-source=home&cart=s5690&quantity=1&_ga=2.110861645.999147429.1517343894-1867985112.1470702246

Please let me know how that goes. I assure you I will ensure you end up with Nitro Pro 11 license so please don't worry about that. 

Thank you for the assurance, @Mario K.  I will proceed as you have recommended.

I have already requested the refund from Cleverbridge.  Do I need to wait to hear from them before placing the new order?

@Mario K.  I have put through the new purchase and Nitro Pro 11 is up and running!

Cleverbridge have confirmed that the refund has been processed and that I should expect to see it reflected in my online account statement in 5-7 business days.

Thank you very much for your kind and thorough assistance with this matter.  I am very, very pleased with the speed and quality of the Nitro customer service response!

Archived