"printing" online content into a PDF

DanTheMan21

Hello,

this is regarding Nitro Reader (5.5.9.2), not Nitro Pro ... I hope it's ok to ask this here in this forum.

I can turn, for example, a JPG or a text document into a PDF by choosing "Nitro PDF Creator (Reader 5)" from my list of available printers.

When attempting to print online content (e.g. newspaper articles and e-mails) into a PDF however, Nitro Reader produces the following error message:

"Occurrence of user-interacted or failed conversion. Status: Internal Error. Description: Internal Error."

This was never an issue with previous versions of Nitro Reader, but this one keeps producing that specific error when trying to "print" PDFs from online content.

I use Firefox 58.0 on a Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit system.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Hi Daniel,  Did you ever get a response from Nitro?  I have the same problem.  The solution offered was to roll Firefox back to build 56.0, but that ended up compromising security too much, which is why I chose Firefox in the first place.  The second solution was to open Firefox in Safe mode and print, believing the problem was an  add-on.  I followed that guidance, but it failed.  I disabled all add-ons and extensions, and received the same message you did.  That was as of today, March 13, 2018.  You are not alone, but I am hoping you may have found a work around or solution.  Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @DanTheMan21 and @SLloyd,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

I highly recommend that you trial our latest product, Nitro Pro 11, you can download it from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try

It will run as a full featured product for 14 days! After that, if you choose not to purchase it, you can still use it as a PDF Reader. You can still use the PDF creator to print to PDF.

Hope that helps!

Leslie V.,  Can you confirm that Nitro Pro 11 AND 12, coming out in May will be able to print in Firefox versions 58.0 and up?  Firefox 58.0 no longer has the Nitro PDF add-on available.  Unless something has changed since November, trialing a newer version would be a waste of time I don't have. 

DanTheMan21

I really don't want to roll back to an older version of Firefox to make this work.

I reinstalled Nitro Reader but the problems were the same ... I now use PDF24 Creator to print PDFs and it works like a charm.

@DanTheMan21  Thank you for the update!  You have solved and persistent problem in one fell stroke!  I was very pleasantly surprised at how quickly and effectively your solution worked.  I'll continue to use Nitro Pro for document editing, but for printing to PDF from Firefox, PDF24 Creator just rocks!

Archived