User Cannot Open PDF's

ninjamonkey

New to the forum, so I apologize if this has been asked/answered already.  I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything, though.  I have a user that has been having increased issues with PRO 11 for the last month or two.  When we try to open a PDF, the program launches, but we only get an empty Nitro window.  The PDF never opens.  I've already tried to uninstall/reinstall, but the issue persists.  On a fluke, I logged in as a different user (same machine) and the app behaves normally.  I had the original user log in, and we get the same error that we started out with.  I can't tell that there are any settings that would explain this, so I'm hoping someone in the community can help figure this out.  Thanks in advance.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ninjamonkey,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

It could be caused by a user-profile corruption. I had similar case where Nitro Pro is very slow when opening large PDF files and after we recreated the profile, issue fixed!

Cheers!

Thanks Allain, for your suggestion.  I did try to blow out the user's profile, and create a new one, but we still get the same issue.  I did end up trying to copy the PDF to another directory (desktop) and it was able to open.  This appears to be some sort of issue with network access, as the original file is on a network share, so we are currently trying to track that down.  Thanks again for your help, though.

Archived