Nitro Pro changes layout margins when printing PDF files.

redroo

I have just installed the latest version of Nirto. I use ID2017 CC to create PDF files for printing (books, etc). I run Win 10 with current updates. I print on a Fuji-Xerox Docu-Centre-V C3373 digital printer. All the pre-sets in ID are correct.

I ran a test on a few books and discovered that Nitro moved all the A Masters 5mm to the right on the printed page and the B masters 8mm to the right on the printed page. This resulted in the margins/bleeds being totally out of alignment, with smaller margins and incorrectly positioned photos/drawings, despite the PDF file displaying correctly.

If I print the same book with Acrobat or Nuance Advanced PDF there is now issue. As I wish to move away from subscription based software this is a major issue for me. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks for your response and the link to that thread, which I read with great interest.

So hopefully if Nitro is aware of this problem they might do something about it because (for me at any rate) this is a deal breaker with so much of my business involving print on demand books and printing instruction sheets, packaging, etc.

• 1 month later...

Seeing how nitro only cares about fixing glitches or even hearing from customers if they pay extra for the "support" services, I doubt they will do anything to resolve this issue. I'd suggest moving to another pdf editing software. That's what I plan to do as soon as the subscription I've paid for has expired.

Yes, that is exactly what I will do. As I had bought a perpetual license almost three years ago I can do it now. I am really disappointed in their attitude. I have bought Nuance Power PDF Advanced which does not suffer from the same glitch and had one minor issue with the install that I needed help on. l was overwhelmed by the support provided and the problem was resolved in half a day (achieved by direct email with their tech man in the USA and their local rep here in Oz).

Archived