Nitro PDF Automatic Form Generation

Robert T

I have a Word docx file, the file is organized in tables so in the left side is the field name and in the right side the place to insert the value.

Is it possible to Nitro PDF to auto generate a fillable pdf with all the fields (I mean auto field calculation, i have like 314 places to insert info in the docx) ?

Acrobat 9 Pro is capable of do it using the Prepare Form functionality, it takes as a entry the docx file and generate the pdf fillable form with all the fields but i don't know if the same functionality is available in Nitro PDF.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
JWM in Plano, TX

Same question from me. I received a form that was not set up as fillable. Used Acrobat and took about 15 seconds to create a fillable form. Can this be done in Nitro other than doing it manually?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Robert T @JWM in Plano, TX,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Nitro Pro does not have an automatic Form Creation feature at this time.  As an alternative, you can copy/paste form fields, or use the "Make Copies" option in the Form Tools Properties section.  

Additionally, you can use the "Inherit Properties" option to copy the set-up of one Form Field and bring it to another.

Cheers!

JWM in Plano, TX

Thanks for your response. Another question. When printing only certain pages of a PDF document, is it possible to highlight some of the thumbnails to print only those. It seems like I have to identify the page numbers rather than highlighting the thumbnails.

Thanks for your insights.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JWM in Plano, TX,

Thanks for your patience.

We have a regression bug submitted related to this feature where selected pages for printing via page thumbnails is not working as it should.

As much as I would like to provide an ETA for the fix, it is not yet available to everyone.

Rest assured, all updates will be available on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/support/documentation

I also highly recommend regularly checking our download page to get the next build: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Archived