Page Scaling Default

mbutts@sandalwood.com

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

There should be, but you need to set a registry key.

You want to create and/or edit the kPagePrinterScaleSelector key in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\Settings\Preferences\kPreferences.

If the key does not exist, you want to create a String type key with that exact name (case and all).

There are 3 values that you can use: /i 0, /i 1, and /i 2.

Each corresponds to the Scale settings in the Print Dialogue:

0 is no scaling

1 is Expand to fit

2 is Shrink to fit

You'll want to have Nitro closed when you do this, and when you re-open it your change should take effect.

mbutts@sandalwood.com

Steven,

Thanks for the info.  With Nitro closed, I added the key as a string with the value of /i 2.  I opened a PDF in Nitro and the Page Scaling still shows "none" on the print page.  Should that show the "shrink to fit" checkbox checked?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

That box really should be checked- with my copy of Nitro 11.0.7.425, setting that key makes every document use that as the default print setting.

There's other keys you could try:

In that same list from above, you'll see kPrefPrintScalingShrink listed.  For this key, you should use /b 1 for on, and /b 0 for off.

The third option you can try is creating a key called PrintSettings in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\Settings\Preferences.

Inside, you'll create a string called kPagePrinterScaleSelector.  You'll use the same /i 0, /i 1, /i 2 as above for the value.

For earlier versions of Nitro 11, you could try this below as well:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\Settings\Preferences\PrintSettings > kPagePrinterScaleSelector 

>> Set the regkey to '1' 

>> NOTE: You are required to use the Ctrl + P shortcut rather than File > Print to utilise this.

None of this is officially documented, so I'm not entirely sure what's supposed to work with what version- if one of these does work, please let me know.

mbutts@sandalwood.com

A-ha!  The auto-update wasn't working and I was still on 11.0.6.326.  I downloaded 11.0.7.425 and your suggested registry edit is now working.

Thanks a ton!

Archived