No PDF created when converting Word document

JeremyN

Hi Guys,

I'm running Nitro Pro 11 on Windows 7, with Microsoft Office 2016. When I tried to convert a Word document to PDF, the conversion process seemed to complete successfully but then nothing happens. I had the option 'Open file after creation' selected, but nothing opened. There is no PDF file created when I go to the directory where the file is supposed to be saved to.

This is a clean install of Nitro PDF 11. Looking in the Devices and Printers folder I can see the Nitro PDF driver is installed. I have uninstalled the program, removed all related entries in the registry and reinstalled it again but still run into the same problem. Appreciate any tips or advices on how to go about fixing this issue.

• Power User

Hi @JeremyN,

Thanks for using the Community to reach out to us. 

Could you confirm your exact build of Nitro Pro? You will find this under Help >> About Nitro Pro. 

Are you having this issue with only one Word document or several? 

Are you able to print to PDF from other MS Office applications such as Excel or Outlook? 

What is your exact workflow when converting?

Thanks, 

Hi Laura,

The version of Nitro Pro I'm using is 11.0.3.134.

The issue I'm having is when I'm converting a single Word document, I have not tried it with multiple documents. I have not tried it with Excel and I don't use Outlook.

My workflow is I go to the Home tab, click on the PDF icon in the toolbar, select 'From File', then click on the 'Add Files..' button and select the Word document to convert. Then click on the 'Create' button. The conversion process then starts and the green progress bar runs to 100%. As mentioned in my original post, I had the 'Open PDF files after creation' selected, but after the conversion process completed nothing happened.

I do have some good news to share though. My Windows 7, which I forgot to mention, runs in a VM.. it got corrupted and failed to start yesterday. So I had to restore it from backup. Once it was up and running obviously I had to reinstall Nitro Pro. After the installation completed, I tried to convert a Word document to PDF and to my surprise it....worked. I'm unsure as to why previous attempts to uninstall and reinstall didn't fix the issue, but restoring the VM did. From what I can tell, the backup version of the VM was taken before Nitro Pro was installed. So maybe the registry does not contain any remnants of Nitro. Whatever it was, I'm very pleased that it's working now :)

Thank you for responding to my post.

Regards,

Jeremy

• Power User

Hi @JeremyN,

Thanks for getting back to me and that's great to hear! Yes, sometimes a simple reinstall can be the fix! 

Please let me know if you run into the issue again so I can help you with it.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having the same problems as Jeremy. The conversion process starts and the green progress bar runs to 100% but nothing happens after that. This is happening when trying to conver work and excel documents.

I have recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 and installed nitro 10. (previous laptop was windows 8)I have tried uninstalling then installing again but that has not worked.

Also, in office 2010 word & excel, the add in tab will not show. I have selected help in nitro and selected the add in to office applications tick boxes but it comes back with an error.

Everything was working perfectly fine on my old laptop, I am not sure what is going wrong or if it windows 10 causing the problem.

• Power User

Hi @SunshineS,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you confirm what exact build of Nitro Pro 10 you are using? You will find this under Help >> About Nitro Pro. 

To enable the Nitro Pro follow these steps in the MS Office application:

File >> Options >> Add-ins >> Manage: Com Add-ins >> Go >> Check the box for Nitro Pro >> OK.

Cheers, 

Hi Laura,

Its 10.5.9.9.

Nitro pro does not appear in the com add-ins.

I have uninstalled then re-installed Nitro but still has not worked.

Thanks

Same problem--suddenly Nitro Pro will not create a PDF from a Word file. Using 10.5.9.9 with Office 365 and Windows 10. It happened in the past week--was working fine before that. I reloaded using repair--did not resolve. What gives?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ted K. @SunshineS,

Thanks for your patience and for posting on our community forums!

Kindly update to Nitro Pro 10.5.9.14 using these offline installers:

x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_105914/en/burn/nitro_pro10_ba_x64.msi
x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_105914/en/burn/nitro_pro10_ba_x86.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

Cheers!

Still does not work. Updated to 10.5.9.14 x64. When I try to create a PDF from a Word file, same thing happens: it looks like it is creating the PDF, but when complete, nothing opens in Nitro and no PDF file is created. 

• Power User

Hi @Ted K.

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear that! 

Could you tell me what option you are using for the conversion? Besides the Nitro Pro add-in for Word please also test the 3 workflows for converting an existing file to PDF as explained in this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/Office/000001988

Thanks, 

Hi Laura,

I have installed the newer version. Still does not do anything once the bar reached 100% in the Nitro app.

The add-ins are still not showing but printing to PDF and saving the file does work.

This is OK for single documents only.

I need the app to work in order to convert multiple documents into 1 DPF.

Thanks

Archived