Application Load Times

MikeA

Suggestion

I am running Nitro Pro 10 on a new Windows 10 system with an M.2 SSD and it takes 15 to 20 seconds for Nitro Pro 10 to load and display the PDF file.  Adobe Acrobat Reader DC loads almost instantly (less than 1 second).  As such when I don't need to edit the PDF I use Adobe reader instead of Nitro Pro 10.  It is sad that an application that costs $150 does not load as fast as a free app.  You need to do something about this in future versions.

5 replies to this suggestion

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MikeA,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Kindly run Nitro Pro with Compatibility mode by referring this these steps:

1. Right-click Nitro Pro desktop shortcut or the NitroPDF.exe (by default is installed in C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 10) then select Properties

2. Nitro Pro Properties window will open, click on Compatibility tab

3. Under Compatibility Mode, tick the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for', click the drop-down arrow and select Windows 7

4. Under Settings, tick the box for 'Run this program as an administrator' then click OK to save the changes.

I hope this helps!

Changing to Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 solved the problem.  Loads almost instantly. The way it should. 

Ticking the box for running as administrator did not help.  Definitely don't recommend this. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MikeA

Thanks for your response and I'm glad the solution worked.

I just have one question for you.

While Nitro Pro is installed on your machine, did you upgrade your operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Thanks in advance!

Archived