Trying to re-install program, but keep getting failure message

Kay G.

I've been running Nitro Pro 10 for 2 years. Yesterday, the program somehow got corrupted while I was running a hard drive test and a malware scan. Everything else on my computer seems to be working normally, but when I went to open up Nitro Pro 10, I got an error message: "This service does not have sufficient privileges. Please re-install."

I uninstalled the program, and with the link that had been provided to me when I purchased the software, I tried to download and re-install it. I keep getting a failure message.

Can someone please help me as to why this should be happening??

Hi Laura,

But I had already gone a head and uninstalled the program so that I could reinstall it... so that's where I am right now. Won't do me any good, will it, to do the steps above... or does that also affect the reinstalling of the  program?

• Power User

Hi @Kay G.,

Thanks for your reply. In that case please run our Cleanup Tool which will remove all traces of Nitro Pro. You can download the tool here: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

After you have ran it restart your machine and try to reinstall Nitro Pro. You can download our latest version of Nitro Pro 10 here:http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/sunset/000001632

Thanks, 

In trying to download the Cleanup Tool, because it is a zipped file... WinZip is saying that I have to buy their product because I had already done a trial. How do I get around that?

I'm hoping to get a response soon about the Cleanup Tool being a zipped download. How do I extract it without being forced to purchase WinZip? Thank you!

WinZip is actually blocking me from it. The "extract all" is greyed out... Yours says it's a VBScript Script File. Mine in explorer says it's a WinZip file. How do I get around that?

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @Kay G.,

When Windows 7 was released, Microsoft introduced the ability to zip and unzip files, natively (meaning no other program is required).
The screenshot that Laura provided, demonstrates the zip/compression options in Windows.

However as you have installed Winzip (or if you are running an older version of Windows), you may not see these options, as they may have been taken over by Winzip.

If you are running Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, I recommend uninstalling Winzip and rebooting. The native compression (zip) options in Windows will then appear.
If you have an older version of Windows, you could try 7-zip or WinRar, both of which have unlimited trials.

Archived