Does Customer Service Even Exist Here?

WTF-Nitro

I've used NitroPDF since v6, and have never had to contact support; until now.  Why is this so F-king hard?  Why don't you let us contact you, directly?  Why are you determined to frustrate your loyal customers?  Here's my story....

I got an e-mail from you all, telling me that I can purchase the Nitro Pro 12 before it's released.  Alright, I'll bite. I'll support NitroPDF, so they can continue to develop. Not a big deal. I click the link in the e-mail, and enter my serial number. However, it states that I'm upgrading from v10. That's not right, as I have v11. 

I go to your web site, and find the 'Get Support > Upgrade' page, and enter my serial number there. The 'wait' icon just spins for 5 minutes, and doesn't work. I still can't find another way to contact you. I'll try, again, later. I find the community forum, with the sticky post about "License Activation Portal". Great, I think. Others have had issues, and they've been addressed. Click on that post, and it has a link to, guess where?  The F-ing Support Center where I first started.  I've gone in a circle.  Holy F-k!

Tonight, I try the e-mail link, and end up at this page (https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade-12?utm_campaign=Presale+2018&utm_medium=email&utm_source=online&utm_content=id) , and it, again, tells me I have version 10.  I go to 'Get Support > Upgrade" page, and enter my version 11 serial number. This time, I'm told to contact Nitro via the Community Forum.

Before posting a question, I have to create and ID. Okay. I create an ID, and WTF?, it takes me to Nitro Cloud portal page, where I can upload documents. There isn't even a link to get me back to the www.GoNitro.com site.  

I've upgraded to each new version, if only to support this company, and its development. All I'm really after is someone to tell me how much it's going to be upgrade from VERSION 11, to version 12.  However, this being the first time that I've had to put up with this BS, I'm wondering how many others have had to deal with this much longer than I ever have. Why would I want to support a company that treats its customers so poorly. I'm embarrassed for you, but also embarrassed that I've been endorsing your product.

NOTE:  I now see that my comment needs to be approved my a moderator.  However, considering how non-engaging this company is, I'm not expecting anyone to review this for months, or ever.  It may never get published. ALSO, I'm pressing Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C, as I expect that when I hit the 'Submit Topic' button, it wont' work, and I'll lose all of this work. Let's find out.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@WTF-Nitro I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with our upgrading widget. I can assure you that we appreciate your loyalty and will work on fixing this frustration at your satisfaction. To answer your original question, pre-sale upgrade price from version 10 or 11 is $55.99. In order for me to investigate why you're seeing version 10 for serial number that should belong to version 11, I'd have to pull up your purchase records first. Unfortunately, I was not able to find any records under the email address you used for this account. Have you used a different email address for your Nitro Pro 11 purchase and, if so, would you mind sharing it with me so I can look into what's causing this error? Thanks!

Also, why would the upgrade price be the same for v10 and v11 upgrade customers? Usually, there would be more of an incentive (aka bigger discount) so that I don't choose to skip v12 and wait until v13?  Just a thought.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@WTF-Nitro I'm not sure I'm equipped with enough information to give you an official answer but my belief is that the reason is simplicity. We have grouped our users into two categories: supported (currently those are versions 10 and 11) and unsupported (versions 6,7,8 and 9) and the upgrade pricing is the same for everyone within the same group. Hope that makes sense. 

Archived