Finally decided not to upgrade in future until this is fixed

daybreak0

Suggestion

I have requested these items in the past, but now I am sick of waiting, and there is other software that does it.

I cant understand why it is so difficult for this to be fixed. Now I don't ever create PDF's, I have to amend or fill in information on PDF's that don't have editable fields.

1) All I want is the ability to be able to pick up a text box or image and move it around, but for some unknown reason when the field is small, and although there is sufficient space for the pointer to recognise it is in the middle of the field, the mouse pointer will only ever allow you to expand the field. SO I have to first expand the field, either move it, or copy it and then move the copy, such a pain in the arse, as the larger fields then cause other overlapping problems.

2) Stamps - something I use significantly, however unlike other programs which allow me to use the mouse to click and drag an outline of the size of the stamp I want, I first have to click to make the stamp appear, then go and change pointer, so I dont restamp, and then resize the stamp, and in 99% of the cases, reposition it, all the time coping with the overlapping issue or making it to small so I cant reposition it.

I like Nitro which is why I am posting this.

Thank you

4 replies to this suggestion

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @daybreak0,

I don't have a fix for the first issue, though I can provide a very easy to use workaround.
If you zoom in (hold Ctrl and press + or use the scroll wheel) you can easily select a small text box or image.

With regards to the second issue, I have not been able to replicate this. As long as your mouse is over the stamp, you should be able to resize the borders without creating a new stamp. However if you find that when doing so, you're unintentionally creating new stamps (as described), you can simply press 'Esc' on your keyboard. This will default back to the 'Hand' function, rather than the 'Stamp' function.

Alex - thanks

1) I can see that the zoom works - but then again it should not be needed. Its just poor programming. the Text box is a full 8 MM wide, and only then can you, right in the middle of a 8mm x 8 mm box, manage to get the pointer so you can move that box. Make it larger at 10 mm and now its simpler. Why when I have the pointer sitting in the middle of a box any smaller, it shows the resize for sides or top and bottom, when I am not even pointing at one of them.

2) I can see that yes I can resize the stamp if I keep pointer in middle of  image and click again, and thanks that does help, but again its like 2 clicks and a drag, instead of just drawing the box as I can using Nuance software.

Although the time taken to do the above fixes doesn't seem much, it is when you may have 20 pages of the following -

I have an image/stamp of a tick or X and I am filling out forms where many are required. So I draw one, make it smaller - but not too small as I will need to move them, and copy it and then paste it say 10 -20 times and move them into position.

With Nuance I just go to the box where that tick or X is required, and draw an outline of the stamp the same size of the box, and the tick or X appear in the box in the right size - simple to go down a list and do that.

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @daybreak0, I can understand the desire to decrease actions when repeatedly working through the same workflow.

I will ensure that this feedback is passed on.

I realise I only just mentioned this in March 2018, but I have been highlighting these problems for some time, although in an earlier forum. I have downloaded the version 12 and the problems still exist, so its the new version of Nuance Power PDF for me. Maybe I just use PDF's differently than others - anyway Goodbye.

Archived