Nitro Pro 11 Computer ID all zeros

Tim-VoIPex

We replaced a computer for a client and are unable to activate the Nitro Pro license.

I am able to active the license on other computers, so this is an issue with the computer rather than an activation issue.

We deactivated the license on the old computer prior to replacement and when checking the license activation count there are free licenses.

When attempting a manual activation the Installation ID is all zeros and the Computer ID is also all zeros.

According to the Nalpeiron knowledgebase a computer ID with all zeros is due to either NETBIOS being disabled or the network card being disabled.
I have verified that NETBIOS is enabled and is functioning and have also confirmed the network adaptor is present and working.
I also added a USB network adapter to see if this solved the problem, but it did not.

The computer is running Windows 10 Pro version 1709.
I have installed the most recent network adapter drivers from Realtek.

The Anti-Virus software being used is AVG Internet Security Business Edition.
This was installed prior the the installation of Nitro PDF and I found that during a reinstallation of Nitro PDF that AVG was blocking the install.
I uninstalled AVG and the reinstallation of Nitro PDF was successful, but we still see the all zeros in the Computer ID.

Any guidance on next steps would be appreciated.

Tim

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Tim-VoIPex,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

I'll create a ticket on your behalf so you can provide the serial number you are working with and I'll make some changes on my end so you can reactivate successfully. 

You will hear form me again soon.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @bmoskal,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

Please be informed I already responded to the support ticket  you submitted two days ago.

Cheers!

@AllainUI have another ticket open regarding this. I have submitted several tickets and have to have my subscription manually adjusted each time. My question is if there is a solution out there to prevent this other than what has already been advised (enabling network adapters, NetBIOS, disabling AV)

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @bmoskal

Thanks for you response.

I can see all the support tickets you submitted for the same activation issue.

At the moment, our development team is already aware of this and is working on a fix.

As much as I would like to provide an ETA, it is not yet available to everyone and our only work-around is to make adjustment if another machine is generating 'all-zeros' Computer ID.

On behalf of Nitro, I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.

I hope this information helps!

3 hours ago, bmoskal said:

@Tim-VoIPex, Did you get a solution for this? I have been battling this for some time? I have to have my license adjusted just about every time I try to install.

The fix for my problem was what AllainU mentioned above, which is to submit a ticket and have Nitro manually adjust the license so the PC can successfully activate it.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@bmoskal and @Tim-VoIPex I'd like to add a bit more clarity on this issue. This is caused by the version of Nalpeiron, our activation service, that we at Nitro are currently on. We're currently looking into upgrading this version but, as that requires an extensive engineering work, we're also looking into alternative options such as building out our own activation platform and portal. You can also read more about this issue on Nalpeiron support page: http://v7.nalpeiron.com/customer/portal/articles/1462338-computer-id-is-all-zeros-v7 Hope this helps add some clarity! 

Archived