Nitro 11 JavaScript not functioning correctly

Michael Miller

Michael Miller

Hello,

Using Nitro Pro 11 x64, version ending in .475:

I have some text box number fields wherein I always want the number to be negative, so I created a custom validation script for these fields:

event.value=Math.abs(event.value)*-1;

This works properly in Acrobat Pro X and Acrobat Reader DC - any number entered is automatically a negative. In Nitro, however, the number will always be a positive number unless I explicitly add the '-' to the front of it when typing it in.

I will add other examples to this post as I find them.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

This is really weird- it works as a custom calculation in Nitro, but not as a validation field.  I'll file a bug on this, and if you have that option, I would encourage it.

Michael Miller

I would love to file bug reports! Teach me, Sensei!

Also the reason I am using validation fields for a lot of my custom scripting is to reduce the workload on auto-calculations. My form is very large and complex, and an earlier crack at it from 3 years ago (where everything was done in Calculation scripts) was REALLY slow, and as it happens, XFA - so I really wanted to get away from that. When it works (some things are unavoidable) the performance improvement by offloading as much of this as possible to Validation events instead of Calculation events is dramatic.

Michael Miller

OK, I just got an e-mail back essentially saying that my bug report is invalid because I don't have some sort of paid priority access to the support team? What kind of sense does that even make? I'm filing a BUG REPORT, not asking for one-on-one help with doing something that reading a manual or watching a video should be able to help with (but people inevitably want someone to hold their hands doing it anyway). No, this is an actual FLAW in the software that I am trying to report so that it can get patched. If this is how Nitro is serviced, then color me disappointed.

Mind. Blown. :(

Archived