Nitro Pro landscape Printing faulty

rene

Hi,

It use to work, but for a long time, but now any page that is in landscape will not be printed correctly. I have multipages and a few of them are in landscape, the printer will only print in horisontal, this have been an issue for some time, but in earlier versions I did not have this problem. 

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @rene, I'm sorry to hear you have been dealing with that.

This issue has been recorded as a bug and will be fixed in an upcoming release.
Though unfortunately, I am unable to provide an ETA.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have had this issue for a long time, and I find it very unsatisfying that I cannot be given at time estimate for the fix to be iimplemented,  I have not bought Adobe DC Pro, very sad outcome efter years of using Nitro. 

Joerg Mueller

Hi Alex,

I would like to support Rene on this behalf. Since a while the auto-turning function of landscape pages within a multi-format document doesn't work when printing. I know that this was already working in past ...

At the moment this is very anoying us. We have a lot of big multi-format pdf documents to print, where portrait and landscape pages a merged together. Now we have to search the document for any landscape pages to print them separately. And this is a high time consumption process if you have documents of about 150 to 200 pages.

My current version is: Nitro Pro 11.0.7.425

So please give that issue a higher priority to fix!

Cheers

Joerg

• 2 weeks later...
Libby Skipworth
On 23/04/2018 at 11:01 AM, Alex E. said:

Hi @rene, To clarify, whilst I cannot provide an ETA, a fix for this is likely to be included in our next update.

I recommend keeping an eye on our downloads page over the next couple of months: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

This isn't a resolution to the problem and Nitro Pro should be embarrassed that they put their staff in a position where they cant provide a resolution, or even a potential date for resolution, for a problem that was created by their software update.

This is causing users lost productivity (I sure Nitro remembers that strange group of people, you know,  customers, those people & organisations who pay your bills and make you profitable) - like others I have been using Nitro Pro for some time and don't want to use Adobe, but the impact of this error on productivity (and printing costs) may mean I will  be forced to Adobe

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Prospicience Thanks for posting on here and expressing your frustration. We're sorry to hear this issue has caused loss of productivity. I will send you a DM so please check your inbox.  

Gates Buyer

Hi All,

I am using Nitro Pro 11.0.7.425 and am having the same printing issue of not being able to print landscape. The preview comes up in landscape, but the actual print comes out portrait with about three inches of the document missing, with a bunch of blank space at the bottom. I cannot submit a support ticket because I have not purchased yet.

I currently have 11 days left on my trial. This issue is super basic, so I hope it should be an easy fix. I do not want to purchase the software if I am not able to print landscape. I have really liked Nitro so far, I use PDF's for mechanical and technical drawings, manufacturing tracking, and various documents that need signatures, edits, and redaction (love this feature by the way! Much better than printing, sharpie-ing out, scanning, and saving).

Any help on solving this issue or providing a workaround would be appreciated. I have been manually opening finished PDF's in Adobe Reader to print, but this is not ideal as it slows me down.

Shout out to the Nitro Team for their continued support. I've been browsing the forums looking for an answer before posting, and you guys are pretty proactive.

Thanks -Kay

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Gates Buyer thanks for posting on here and trialing Nitro Pro! The printing orientation issue has been fixed and its fix will be released with our version 12 release. Btw, this release is planned for mid June (if we don't release it even earlier). Hope this helps in making your purchase decision. If you have any additional questions, please let me know and I'll gladly assist.

Also, thanks for your shout out! We really appreciate it! :) 

Gates Buyer
5 minutes ago, Mario K. said:

@Gates Buyer thanks for posting on here and trialing Nitro Pro! The printing orientation issue has been fixed and its fix will be released with our version 12 release. Btw, this release is planned for mid June (if we don't release it even earlier). Hope this helps in making your purchase decision. If you have any additional questions, please let me know and I'll gladly assist.

Thanks Mario!

I will probably wait to buy once version 12 is released then. Will pricing still be $160?

Also, is the main benefit of the Software Assurance add-on the a free upgrade when it available? Basically paying $30 upfront rather than $65+ later on?

And for sure!:D

Thanks -Kay

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Gates Buyer I am honestly not positive about the pricing but I believe that the price per license won't change. Here's the Knowledge Base article that explains a bit more about the current Software Assurance benefits: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/software assurance/000003046. There benefits might be changing with the new release as we plan on redefining Software Assurance. Hope this helps. 

June release?? that is not a solution. You all should be making the fixed available immediately. I just upgraded 12 seats to Nitro 11 and feel like I just got duped. That's bad business.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@BrianO since you're our business customer with Software Assurance, please submit a support ticket at www.gonitro.com/support/ticket and refer to me. Thanks!

This is not a very satisfactory response for those of us who've already bought the product. You acknowledge the defect but make your customers wait. (And obviously you are able to deal with it sooner, based on your previous response to @BrianO.)

• 3 weeks later...
Mark Fridd
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, Mario K. said:

That is fine if people can wait that long - I do not know if our product/licence covers free upgrade (11 to 12).

If it does not then that is poor that we have to pay money to fix a bug that you introduced ……………………………….

If it does cover the upgrade - shame we have to wait so long

This is a real let down to find the only fix to the printing BUG which was a regression from earlier versions of Nitro is to buy the new version. I've been waiting for a fix for this issue for ages and having to manually change page orientation in printer settings every time has been a real pain in the butt. This fix should be available for V11 users who paid $$$ for a faulty product.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived