Formatting Numbers to Currency

molonlabe

I have a text box that will have currency but Nitro just makes them appear as straight numbers. i.e. 1250999 instead of $1,250,999. Adobe treats the same form/fields as currency

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Nitro does offer this option, but it's grouped under Number format, instead of broken out as Currency.

To access this, go to the Forms tab, click on Select Fields, and select the form field that is supposed to be formatted as currency.

Right-click on that field, and choose Properties.

Go to the Format tab.

Choose Numbers from the format category.

Set the currency symbol you want.

This should make the field be treated as a currency.  If it does not, let me know.

Hey Steven, thanks. This does not do it for mine. The options are greyed out on this form.

If I look at the PDf from windows preview, or if I open the PDF via Google Chrome, they format correctly. It is only when opening in Nitro do they appear different. 

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I don't have any ideas- if Nitro isn't displaying the field correctly, and the PDF won't let you edit the form field (likely the case if it's a public form you're supposed to fill out), that sounds like a bug.  If the blank PDF itself can be shared, you could post it or a link here, and I can try to submit a ticket for the issue.

Otherwise, I don't have any other ideas.

Archived