Changes to the Toolbar are not permanent

StefanM

Hi together

I have the following issue: When I am adding a small icon to the Nitro Pro Toolbar for quick access at the top (above the menu line) then these changes seem not the be permanent. For instance I would like to add the command/shortcut to sign a document. This usually works for a few reboots of the machine or a couple of documents can be open and closed but then suddenly the Toolbar is set back to the default and I have to add the icon again.

I had this issue previously under Window 7 and now again under a new installation under Windows 10. I am currently using Nitro Pro 11.0.3.134. Is this a known problem?

Regards,
Stefan

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.  I add the tools I need on the quick access toolbar and by the 2nd or 3rd time I go into Nitro, they're gone again.

• Power User

Hi @StefanM and @Carlene,

Thanks for using the Community to reach out to us. 

A fix for this issue will be implemented in our version 12 release. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Cheers. 

• 2 weeks later...

The link I was emailed for Nitro Pro 11.0.8.470 solved the problem for about 2 days.  Now its back to where I have to change my Quick Access options every day again.

• 2 weeks later...

How hard would it be to convert to an earlier version of Nitro?   I like the current version but hate that the Quick Access doesn't retain the changes.  It keeps reverting back to the defaults and I spend too much time changing all 5 computers so the guys have the quick links they like.  This is a huge issue to me and those I'm training to use Nitro. :(   Besides, its not very quick if you have to reset them every day.

BTW, you don't even have to turn off your computer for the Quick Access to revert back to default, just close the program for several hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Laura

You wrote above, that this problem should be fixed with version 12 (which has been released in the meantime). However it seems, that our current version 11 cannot be upgraded to version 12. Does that mean, that this problem will not be fixed in version 11 and we would have to buy a new licence just to get the bug fix under version 12?

Regards,
Stefan

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Carlene,

I have responded to the other forum post that you commented on.

If repairing and getting the latest update does not address the issue for you, please let me know so I can work with you directly.

Thanks!

On 6/14/2018 at 8:32 PM, Carlene said:

How hard would it be to convert to an earlier version of Nitro?   I like the current version but hate that the Quick Access doesn't retain the changes.  It keeps reverting back to the defaults and I spend too much time changing all 5 computers so the guys have the quick links they like.  This is a huge issue to me and those I'm training to use Nitro. :(   Besides, its not very quick if you have to reset them every day.

BTW, you don't even have to turn off your computer for the Quick Access to revert back to default, just close the program for several hours.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @StefanM,
There is a recent update to Nitro Pro 11 (11.0.8.470) and you should be able to get that from here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

I also want to check why you are unable to upgrade your key to Pro 12, however I cannot locate your records. If you could please send me a direct message with the account details or your serial number, that would be helpful.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

On 6/28/2018 at 8:40 PM, StefanM said:

Hi Laura

You wrote above, that this problem should be fixed with version 12 (which has been released in the meantime). However it seems, that our current version 11 cannot be upgraded to version 12. Does that mean, that this problem will not be fixed in version 11 and we would have to buy a new licence just to get the bug fix under version 12?

Regards,
Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Leslie

Thanks for the info. Actually we have a company wide licence, which may be the reason why you could not locate my records. I contact our IT and I got the upgrade to v12 in the meantime. However it seems that the problem of this thread is not fixed in the new version. Yesterday I added a shortcut to my Nitro Pro Toolbar and today it is again back to the default and I have to set it again. This was exactly the issue under v11. My current vesion of Nitro Pro is 12.0.0.112.

Are you aware of this?

Regards,
Stefan

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @StefanM,

Please create a support ticket here. Kindly make sure you enter your company serial number so it is queued correctly.

Thanks!

On 7/17/2018 at 8:43 PM, StefanM said:

Hi Leslie

Thanks for the info. Actually we have a company wide licence, which may be the reason why you could not locate my records. I contact our IT and I got the upgrade to v12 in the meantime. However it seems that the problem of this thread is not fixed in the new version. Yesterday I added a shortcut to my Nitro Pro Toolbar and today it is again back to the default and I have to set it again. This was exactly the issue under v11. My current vesion of Nitro Pro is 12.0.0.112.

Are you aware of this?

Regards,
Stefan

2 hours ago, Hunter said:

Same problem, I'm on 12.0.0.112, seems to be a bug.  Does Nitro really require "VIP" status to report a bug?

Same here. I've reported via this forum, but cannot "officially" log this as a bug as I am not considered a VIP.

Might be time to search for another editor - or just move to Adobe since every other trade we work with uses them.

*sigh*

Archived