Nitro Pro 11.0.7.411 Update menu item missing

L B

1 hour ago, Laura L. said:

Hi @Litro,

Thanks for using the Community Forum to reach out to us. 

You can download version 11.0.7.425 here: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

Cheers, 

Hi Laura -

sorry but I don't find that answer satisfactory: if I have to go to every company's website to find updates (which may or may not exist) for their programs then my life would be a never-ending internet search.

I would like to know why the "Check for Updates" is missing from the Nitro Pro 11 that I bought. Note that I have 2 separate problems with Nitro Pro updates  on 2 different systems - and it's quite frustrating for SW that I just spend over a 120 USD for.

L

• Power User

Thanks for your reply @Litro.

Unfortunately the 'check for updates' feature is currently not available. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this but for now you will need to download the updates from the link I provided. For more information on our updates I would also recommend taking a look at our Release Notes: https://www.gonitro.com/support/documentation/release-notes

Apologies again.

Cheers, 

You mean it has been removed from the SW?

If it has been removed then:

Please add an option to be informed (by email) when updates are available. The need for users being informed of updates (security, bug fixes), should be obvious, of course.

TIA

L

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 3:41 PM, Litro said:

You mean it has been removed from the SW?

If it has been removed then:

Please add an option to be informed (by email) when updates are available. The need for users being informed of updates (security, bug fixes), should be obvious, of course.

TIA

L

Is there an option to be alerted of an update (via email)?

Due to the need for security which is often addressed through updates - would you consider adding email notifications in the short term, as Nitro has removed the Updates feature in Nitro?

Seems like a trivial thing to do as you already have email lists for marketing etc. and requiring users to check themselves periodically is both inefficient and increases the probability of security patches not being applied.

Archived