Converting

stephen54clarke

stephen54clarke

Hi all, I am need of some help.

I used Microsoft Office 2007 and when I converted my excel document to PDF I use Nitro 9 which was working great. I had an PC issue where my Motherboard died and could not recover my windows on the new motherboard. So!

I have now upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (WHY?) Upgraded Microsoft Office to 2010 and Nitro Pro 10, Budget allowing. I now have a problem where I can no longer convert my excel documents like before. I have tried all the options Addins, Coms, Disabled, Updated  I can find within Microsoft Office and Nitro. I also haved a very long conversion with Microsoft Support to see if they could sort it, and they had control of the machine.

Since then I have uninstall and tried different way of reinstalling, I stumped!

Any advice welcome.

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @stephen54clarke,

Sorry to hear of these troubles. Nitro Pro 10 is no longer for sale, did you upgrade to Nitro Pro 11?

I recommend that you try the following steps:

1. Repair both Microsoft Office 2010 and Nitro Pro via Start > System > Apps & features > Nitro > Repair
2. Open ‘NitroPDFSupportTools.exe’ from ‘C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 10’
3. In the Support Tools dialog, select the PDF Creation tab. 
4. Click on the button labelled Nitro PDF Creator to reinstall the virtual printer. 
5. Make sure that all the Add-Ins are selected and click the 'Update Add-Ins' button

If that doesn't help, please provide some more details on your experience.
If you see error messages, please include them. It would also be helpful if you describe the specific steps you are trying to take, and where the workflow fails.

stephen54clarke
On 14/05/2018 at 1:37 AM, Alex E. said:

Hi @stephen54clarke,

Sorry to hear of these troubles. Nitro Pro 10 is no longer for sale, did you upgrade to Nitro Pro 11?

I recommend that you try the following steps:

1. Repair both Microsoft Office 2010 and Nitro Pro via Start > System > Apps & features > Nitro > Repair
2. Open ‘NitroPDFSupportTools.exe’ from ‘C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 10’
3. In the Support Tools dialog, select the PDF Creation tab. 
4. Click on the button labelled Nitro PDF Creator to reinstall the virtual printer. 
5. Make sure that all the Add-Ins are selected and click the 'Update Add-Ins' button

If that doesn't help, please provide some more details on your experience.
If you see error messages, please include them. It would also be helpful if you describe the specific steps you are trying to take, and where the workflow fails.

Hi Alex

I followed the list the I'm still getting the same problem with the same message.

I repaired Office via the App & Features, but didn't have for one for Nitro so I open Progams & features from the Control Panel and repaired
I restarted the computer twice, First for Office then for Nitro.
Followed the process from the Support tools restarted again, opened Excel and tried to convert the file and just got the same message.

Thanks for the help and please let me know if you can think of anything else.

Stephen

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @stephen54clarke

You mentioned that you "got the same message". What message is that?

In case you missed my previous questions, I had asked:

"...please provide some more details on your experience.
If you see error messages, please include them. It would also be helpful if you describe the specific steps you are trying to take, and where the workflow fails."

I would also like to know if you are using Nitro Pro 10, or 11.

stephen54clarke

Hi Alex E

As mentioned in my first post I was using Nitro 9 and upgraded to Nitro Pro 10 at the same time I was using Microsoft Office 2007 and upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010. Before I updated the software I had no troubles converting an Excel sheet to PDF and opening Nitro at the same time. Now when I try to do same as before I keep getting the same message.

The process I am doing is

1. Save the Excel file
  2. Click on Nitro tab in Excel and then click Create PDF
  3. Save the file as the same name

Error message

There is no creation process.

I have followed your first post in repairing Office the Nitro and with the NitroPDFSupportTools.exe and it still the same.

Archived