Print Current Page not working on some PDFs

Mmotif

I downloaded a brochure from a site and I want to print a single page out of that brochure. I open it in NItro Pro and press print. I go to the page by using the right arrow and then select "Print current page" . The moment I do that Nitro PRO shows me the first page again in the preview area, thus I'm not able to print he page a want. This doesn't happen to all PDFs, but some.

I have to use "Custom Print" and type in the page number to print the desired page.

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @Mmotif,

I recommend trying the following steps:

1. Update Nitro to the latest build, available here: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads
2. Repair Nitro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features (or if using Windows 10: Start > System > Apps & features > Nitro > Repair)

If that doesn't help, please provide a link to the PDF you mentioned.

• Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @Mmotif, Thanks for sending that through.

Whilst you are looking at the PDF, if you browse to Page 6 (for example) then Print, and select 'Print Current View', page 6 would be displayed.
The 'Current View' relates to the page selected in the PDF, not the preview.

Ok, I did what you said and yes following your steps the page shows up in the preview area. However, this is totally not intuitive. Why do I have to go to the page I want to print in the PDF and then got to the print dialog? Especially when you don't show the page I'm on in the PDF in the preview area when I go to print immediately, but the first page of the document. Only after selecting "print current page" I can see the actual page I want to print. Totally confusing. The least you should do is showing me the actual page I'm on when I go to print in the preview area and not the first page. Even better would be that I'm able to select the page I want to print from the preview area and then choose "print current page". That's how Adobe works and it makes totally sense doing it that way. That's one reason why there is a preview area  in the first place.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Alex Edwardes

Hi @Mmotif, I agree it can be a bit misleading.

I recommend adding a post to the 'Product Improvement' section of our forum.
Suggestions made there are viewed by our product team for future developments.

Archived