Nitro Pro 11 freezes while scrolling | PIPLog.txt excessive disk usage

administrator

administrator

This was the problem I had been facing for months now and just took in my hands to diagnose.

Randomly while scrolling or browsing a PDF, my Nitro Pro 11 would freeze for 5-6 seconds every 3-4 min, and then resume back. I noticed that the disk light on the laptop would continuously glow in the meantime. Took the matter into my own hands, fired up the ProcMon, and noticed that Nitro Pro 11 is writing a huge amounts of [garbage] data to a file C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\11.0\PIPLog.txt while it froze. As this is a 5400rpm disk, and many laptops older than 2-3 years uses it, this shoots up the disk usage, and inturn, freezes the application.

I have put PIPLog.txt as Read-Only for time being, and didn't notice any slowdows for a 5 min use. Attaching the screenshot of [garbage] data that Nitro writes to PIPLog.txt.

Would like to have a permanent solution/fix to this problem. Couldn't find a place to attach the procmon results, let me know if you need them.

ghfbezB.png

• Official Nitronaut

Hi there,

Thank you for providing your findings including the steps you took to address the intermittent unresponsiveness of the program when working within documents. Unfortunately, we have not been able to replicate the freezing issue on our end which is why this item has yet to be fully addressed. I'd like to work with you further on this and grab your procmon logs and notate the exact steps you took to address this item. I will reach out to you directly so that we can continue to work further as a solution to this issue will be beneficial to all of our users. 

My Nitro Pro 11 is constantly freezing and occasionally crashing in the same manner as posted above.   There are many similar post for the Nitro Team to not be able to replicate it.

I have un-installed and re-installed and the same thing happens.   Please let me know of a solution.  When is the upgrade available?  

Thank you,

TBoneS   

administrator
On 22/05/2018 at 11:33 PM, Shae C. said:

Hi there,

Thank you for providing your findings including the steps you took to address the intermittent unresponsiveness of the program when working within documents. Unfortunately, we have not been able to replicate the freezing issue on our end which is why this item has yet to be fully addressed. I'd like to work with you further on this and grab your procmon logs and notate the exact steps you took to address this item. I will reach out to you directly so that we can continue to work further as a solution to this issue will be beneficial to all of our users. 

Thanks. Have sent you the PM with the logs, please let me know the progress on the resolution for this.

And are you trying this to replicate on a HDD or SSD?
SSD and high spinning HDDs won't have much impact due to them being better at handling high random writes to disk.

As I mentioned, mine is a laptop with a 5400rpm disk, can you replicate this on something similar?

• Official Nitronaut
On 5/24/2018 at 8:58 AM, administrator said:

Thanks. Have sent you the PM with the logs, please let me know the progress on the resolution for this.

And are you trying this to replicate on a HDD or SSD?
SSD and high spinning HDDs won't have much impact due to them being better at handling high random writes to disk.

As I mentioned, mine is a laptop with a 5400rpm disk, can you replicate this on something similar?

Yes, I am currently obtaining a similar system so that I can test on my end and  focus on the areas you pointed out. I'm also going to move this to a support case and continue to update you from there. 

• 1 month later...
leigh@bushsales.net

I am still using Nitro 9 because it's the last version that did not have this issue.  tried 10, 11, & 12.  All same issue as described above.  I need to buy 17 licenses but Nitro has not been able to duplicate the problem on their end.  I have $$ in hand.  ver. 9 is starting to get wonky too.  I really need an upgrade.  

If this issue is not fixed soon i am afraid I will have to subscribe to Adobe which I DO NOT WANT TO DO!!

Please help me Nitro.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @lightly,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

A support ticket was created on your behalf to further assist you.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Andrew Kao,

Since you have an active VIP Access, a support ticket was created on your behalf.

I'll be waiting for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

We have four laptops in my department that use Nitro Pro v 11 and all do the same thing.  It is very frustrating and I am about to ask our IT group to find another pdf application.  This needs to be addressed.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JimB,

For me to further assist you, kindly send me a private message and provide your Nitro Pro 11 serial number.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @SteveD,

We have received the same complaint from few customers and at the moment, we are still investigate the root cause of such behavior.

In order to further assist you, we have decided to create a support ticket on your behalf.

We will wait for your response through the support case.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Cbaclit,

For me to further assist you, kindly respond to my private message and provide the information requested.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Cbaclit,

Thanks for providing these information.

I sent you a private message with steps to perform to further troubleshoot this issue.

Cheers!

Thank you for the update I followed your recommendations and performed the clean up and then reinstalled the program using the link you provided, now every time I attempt to open a second nito document the program freezes and I get the message that NITRO has stopped working. I first allow the program to wait to see if it will resolve, but most of the time I have to close the program, but I continue to run into the same issues, now I cannot use the program at all successfully. I have a large project to complete this week, if this cannot be corrected I will have to switch to Acrobat adobe asap. Please help thank you

Craig B

I'm having the same issue with Nitro freezing up when I scroll.  I'm also running 11.0.7.425.  I agree with the other users why hasn't there been a fix for this yet?

I could not get the issue resolved and I had a very large project that I was working on that had to be completed so I uninstalled nature O and went back to Adobe acrobat DC pro

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Angela,

I sent you a private message to get more information about your concern.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Same issue, freezes for a few seconds, frustrating. It seems the more or the larger the pdf I have open the more and the longer it freezes. I switched back to Adobe for awhile but hate it. Help please.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Scoooter,

Since I am unable to pull-up your records using your email address, could you please send me a private message and provide your Nitro Pro serial number:

Aside from that, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112).

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Nitro 11 also freezes for me 15+ times a day. I figured it was my fault for being cheap and buying an off brand product rather than Adobe. I can't figure out how to submit a support ticket. AllainU, can you assist me please?