Question on scanning with Nitro Pro 11

alberto49

Hello,

I'm currently valuating Nitro Pro 11 as replacement for Nitro Pro 6 but I have an issue with scanning: if I scan a printed page with both software and compare the quality of the of the output, the quality of file obtained with Nitro Pro 6 is much better the the one obtained with Pro 11, is it there any reason for that?

It is important for me to understand, before  spending a lot of money to purchase Pro 11

Many thanks for any help I will get from you.

Alberto

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I'm sure you've checked this, but just in case, do the scan profile settings match between Nitro 6 & 11? If the default was high quality in Nitro 6, but in Nitro 11 it was set to Fast, there would be a difference.

In Nitro 11, you can check and edit the Scan profile settings by going to PDF, From Scanner, Manage Scan Profiles.

You can then see the settings for the four builtin Scan Profiles in Nitro 11.

21 hours ago, Steven Zakulec said:

I'm sure you've checked this, but just in case, do the scan profile settings match between Nitro 6 & 11? If the default was high quality in Nitro 6, but in Nitro 11 it was set to Fast, there would be a difference.

In Nitro 11, you can check and edit the Scan profile settings by going to PDF, From Scanner, Manage Scan Profiles.

You can then see the settings for the four builtin Scan Profiles in Nitro 11.

Hi, thanks for your answer. The scan quality on Nitro 11 is set on high  (600 DPI) while on Nitro 6 is set on 300 DPI, so it should be the other way around.

I can paste here two examples of scanned text, but I don't know how to do that.

Alberto

Archived