Nitro Pro 12 Fails to install

bwarner

The install fails after download.  I've tried twice now to no avail. I have already used the cleanup tool which just briefly "blips" and it is no help.  All previous Nitro versions have been uninstalled. 

Can anyone offer any further assistance please?

• Power User

HI @bwarner,

Sorry to hear that! Is this with the installer link from the email? Are you receiving any error messages when the install fails? Please send a screenshot if you do.

Cheers, 

• Power User

Thanks for getting back to me @bwarner. What Anitvirus program do you have installed and is this potentially blocking the installation? Could you also confirm your Windows operating system? 

Please also run through these steps: 

1. Clear the Temp folder. 
2. Use the clean-up utility 
3. Reboot the machine. 
4. Manually check for left over registries from Nitro Pro. 
5. Try to install Nitro Pro again

Cheers, 

1 hour ago, Laura L. said:

Thanks for getting back to me @bwarner. What Anitvirus program do you have installed and is this potentially blocking the installation? Could you also confirm your Windows operating system? 

Please also run through these steps: 

1. Clear the Temp folder. 
2. Use the clean-up utility 
3. Reboot the machine. 
4. Manually check for left over registries from Nitro Pro. 
5. Try to install Nitro Pro again

Cheers, 

None of that worked unfortunately.

I did find a work around however...  Installed it on an old computer and then transferred to the new via LapLink.

So I'm up and running now!

Thank you for your assistance @Laura L.!

Stephen Bishop

Hey - I'm having a similar problem. I tried to open a case , # 00171100  but it looks like it may have been auto-closed.

The problem isn't with the 12 installer, it's with the 11 un-installer that gets triggered.

When you pull the verbose log from the msiexec uninstall attempt, you see this:

Calling custom action NitroCA!NitroCA.CustomActions.GetOfficeBinaryType
CA GetOfficeBinaryType: Begin
CA GetOfficeBinaryType: API function GetBinaryType failed
CustomAction NitroCA_GetOfficeBinaryType returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 22:19:57: NitroCA_GetOfficeBinaryType. Return value 3.
Action ended 22:19:57: INSTALL. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (24:84) [22:19:57:750]: Note: 1: 1725
MSI (s) (24:84) [22:19:57:750]: Product: Nitro Pro -- Removal failed.
MSI (s) (24:84) [22:19:57:751]: Windows Installer removed the product. Product Name: Nitro Pro. Product Version: 11.0.7.425. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Nitro. Removal success or error status: 1603.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Stephen B.,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

I already responded to the support ticket you submitted.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Lou,

Let us try some troubleshooting by referring to these steps:
1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

2. Download and run our Clean Up utility to uninstall your Nitro Pro: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000001686

3. Extract the utility to the desktop (it doesn't always run from the zip)
4. Run the utility then reboot your machine.
5. Now manually check for left over registries from Nitro Pro (Run > regedit) and delete them. Make sure to save a backup before making any change. Reboot the machine again after deleting Nitro Pro traces.
6. Please clear all your downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder and you may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

7. Reinstall your Nitro Pro 12 and activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your NEW serial number.

Cheers!

I cannot get my Nitro Pro 12 to install.  The program downloads, but the Installation Wizard fails.  I tried using the clean up tool, but there is nothing to clean up.  I am trying to load it onto a brand new computer.  Can you help me?  I can't run my business without at least Nitro Pro 11.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @FULFORDK,

I created a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Cheers!

Stephen Bishop

Was having a similar problem attempting to uninstall v11 (as part of the v12 install).  At least in my case, it had something to do with Nitro's plugins to Word and Excel (Office 365 subscription).

Refer to your Windows Event Viewer. Specifically, the Application section. You're looking for Source = MsiInstaller and Event ID = 1033.  You're looking for text like "Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Nitro Pro. Product Version: 12.0.0.108. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Nitro. Installation success or error status: 1603."

For that particular error, a workaround might be to uninstall Word and Excel, then uninstall Nitro v11.

In my case, that allowed me to uninstall Nitro v11 successfully.

Afterwards, you should be able to install Nitro v12 if desired, then re-install Microsoft Word and Excel.

Going forward, I will make it standard practice to not install the Word and Excel plugins. Hopefully that will avoid the hassle in the future.

Please let the community know if you experienced this error, if you attempt this work-around, and either your success or failure.

Hi,  I received the first email with a link to download Nitro 12 which didn't work. There's mention on here of a second email being sent out with a new link; I've not received that second  email.  Could you please send me a link that works? Thanks, Iain

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @cmarcott,

A support ticket was created to further assist you with your concern.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @iain,

I will PM you the Nitro Pro 12 direct links.

Cheers!

I have made numerous attempts at installing the new Nitro Pro 12. The installer fails after the download step. I have gone through the processes noted above including using the cleaner. Now I'm without Nitro Pro all together! An email I received mentioned something about Software Assurance, now called Nitro VIP. Where do I purchase this to hopefully get my install up and running ASAP.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @DStaehr,

I already responded to the support case you submitted.

Cheers!

Archived