Upgrading to Nitro 12 (with the 2nd link provided)

Tonyl

1 - How can I tell whether the Nitro 12 upgrade link you recent emailed is for the 32 bit or 64 bit version?
2 - Also how do I copy the previous setting from Nitro 10 across, in particular the existing Security Profile's and Signature's, as surely I shouldn't need to have to set these back up from scratch?

Many thanks

• Power User

Hi Tonyl,

Thanks for using the Community to reach out to us. When downloading from the link provided this is an EXE installer which will automatically pull the correct MSI file needed for your system. 

When going from an older version of Nitro Pro to a newer version, all customized objects such as Stamps, Watermarks, Backgrounds, QuickSigns and Scan Profiles will carry over from one program to another automatically. Those settings are saved in the appdata folder on your machine which you can find here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\10.0

Should you need to manually transfer them , please take a look at this KB article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000002038

Cheers, 

Joel Geraci @ practicalPDF

Laura:

I also have not received the updated link and I can't find a download for 12 anywhere on your site. Please rend to the address associated with this account. Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...
Jim Southern

Laura L.,

Will someone please notify me when the Office Add-in problem is resolved. BTW, I really regret buying Nitro-Pro 12. It is unusual that a major software vendor has to major bugs like this still unresolved after approx 40 days.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jim2018,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

There was an installation issue that prevented some users to install Nitro successfully. Users who purchased MS Office in Windows 10, via the Online Marketplace were affected by this due to permission issue on a specific folder.

As a workaround, the latest Nitro Pro 12 installers was updated. Unfortunately, the consequence is that the Nitro Pro Add-ins for MS Office will not be installed.

Our Engineering team is currently working on a solution for this and the fix will be available on our Product Updates page but no ETA at the moment:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jim2018,

Thanks for your response.

Our records show you upgraded from Nitro Pro 10 to 12.

Could you please explain why you want to down-grade to Nitro Pro 11?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Jim Southern

Because Nitro 12 doesn't integrate with MS Office 365.

I paid for my upgrade in April, ran into the installation nightmare in May, finally got it installed some time in June but without Office integration. Seems like your software development team needs to be upgraded.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jim2018,

Thank you for getting back to me and for providing these information.

Did you purchase and downloaded your MS Office via online MarketPlace?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Jim Southern

I bought it in the Microsoft Store (bricks and mortar store, not online store).

I have a new computer and am trying to install Nitro on it, but setup wizard fails even though I have my serial number 

Archived