Embed Font

KenF

I recently upgraded from Nitro 8 to Nitro 11. I've noticed I can no longer Embed Fonts in 11. As a novelist, it's a feature I use regularly. How do I get it?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

While I'm not entirely how it was done in Nitro 8, it looks like you can still do font embedding.  When you're editing the text, uncheck Subset- that will force the entire font to be embedded in the document instead of just the subset.

If that doesn't produce the desired results, let me know how you did it in Nitro 8, and I'll figure out how to do it in Nitro 11.

I don't edit in PDF (Nitro) I save an entire novel from my word processing program to PDF in the Print select bar - Print or Nitro 11. My headers on odd pages are a different font than my text as well as my Chapter Headings.  I send the PDF file to a company to convert the entire file to MOBI or E-Pub. MOBI loses the unique font and goes default. Haven't tried E-Pub yet.

In Nitro 8, Embed Fonts was in Properties.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

You're right- this option is not exposed in the Nitro 11 PDF Printer interface.

I'm not sure if that's because it's on by default or not, but in any event, you'll need to change a registry key to do this.

Please be careful when making changes to the registry- it's possible to break things and require reinstalls.  Make sure you're aware of what the values were before in case they need to be changed back for some reason.

That being said, here's where it is (same as in Nitro 8, 9, and 10):

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\NitroPDFCreator\PDF

Set EmbedAll to 1

Set Subset to 1

Set SubsetPercent to 64

If you've got Nitro 8 still installed, you can look at the values for those keys in Nitro 8, and ensure you have the right ones for Nitro 11.

If this doesn't work, I'm out of ideas- it might be a bug, or you might just have to use the Nitro 8 PDF printer instead of the Nitro 11 one (assuming it's still on your computer).

I'll try. Doesn't make much sense to me, I'll try. Nitro 8 still shows in my programs, but not on my printer interface. I got Nitro 11 when Nitro 8 crashed during multiple power outages. Wish I could get it back.

Archived