Multiple page scaning

AdrianM

Hi,

I have just moved to Nitro and I am having trouble creating multi-page pdfs by scanning.

When I use the nitro to create the scans only the latest page scan is being converted into the new pdf document.

After scanning the first page I select 'Scan another page (page2) in the nitro dialogue box and proceed to scan the second page. When scan is finished I select 'Finished' in the dialogue box and the latest image is displayed in nitro - but the first page scanned has disappeared and the pdf is only a single page.

This is a bit frustrating as part of the reason for buying nitro was to help with archiving and managing paper documents, but I can only do that if I can create multi page pdfs by scanning the paper copies.

Please can anyone advise what might be wrong.  

Thanks.

nick@oneononetaxation.com

Hi Adrian

I am having the same problem. I have gone back to using my earlier version of Nitro.

I am really upset because to tell Nitro I have this problem I have to pay extra which is not on.

jacques.bruna@unimedia.fr

Hi

I changed for Nitropdf 12, but creation of multipages pdf by scanning is impossible. When Nitro scans et asks for a new page it still stay at 2 and keeps the last scanned page.

That is the first time i got problems with Nitro team. Before you could have a ticket for a problem,  now you have to pay even is the product is new.

I have exactly the same problem. I was forced to go back to using an earlier Nitro Version. This means that the new version has a bug. Unfortunately you can't even tell Nitro about it unless you pay for support.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AdrianM @nick@oneononetaxation.com @jacques.bruna@unimedia.fr,

Thanks for posting on our community forums and we apologize the inconvenience this has caused.

In order for us to further assist you, please provide with the following:

-What OS is installed in your computer (Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1 or 10 and whether it is 32-bit or 64 bit)?

-What make / model of your scanner you're working with?

-Have you installed the latest software / driver for your scanner?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi AllainU

I am using a 64bit system Windows 8.1pro

my scanner is a HP Laserjet Pro 5000 colour MFP m570dw

I have the latest software for my printer.

jacques.bruna@unimedia.fr

Hi

My computer uses Windows 10 and 64 bits (Asus), my scanner is an HP officejet Pro 6810.

And I belong the latest driver!

That 's the first time Nitropdf Team leves me in the fog !

Thanks for help.

Hi Allain U,

I have provided my system details via the support ticket as well, Windows 10 Pro (latest update) and Canon CanoScan 8800F (WIA) up to date driver.

Thanks. 

jcomeau91362@gmail.com

I just purchased Nitro 12.0 less than 3 hours ago and have this same problem. When I contacted Nitro for help, I was told that I didn't purchase VIP support. When I asked for a refund less than 1 hour after purchasing I was told to contact support. Catch22 condition.  Now I find out that this is a Nitro problem not mine. Is anyone doing anything about it. My other computer with Nitro 11 does not have this problem. Software is unusable to me as is. Past products were good which is why I purchased it again. Even if you delete this please get Nitro to improve their early support. I should have been made aware that this problem exists and being worked on.

Hi Allain I hope you can help soon. As you can see jcomeau91362 also has this problem and for every one case reported there are probably a few more not reported. I have previously bought Nitro Pro, Pro 9 and Pro 10 without any problem.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jcomeau91362@gmail.com,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

In order for us to further investigate this issue, please provide with the following:

-What OS is installed in your computer (Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1 or 10 and whether it is 32-bit or 64 bit)?

-What make / model of your scanner? Is it physically connect to your machine or it is a network printer?

-Have you installed the latest software / driver for your scanner?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @nick@oneononetaxation.com,

Thanks for your patience and for letting us know it didn't happen with previous versions of Nitro Pro.

Investigation is still going on our end. We'll keep everyone posted for any updates as soon as possible.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

jcomeau91362@gmail.com

Today I used canon scan menu settings to call out Nitro app as the display for documents scanned with the canon suite. After scanning Nitro immediately launched and scans appeared as correct in the Nitro app. This solves My problem but should be investigated for others.

jcomeau91362@gmail.com

My hardware is HP all-in-one purchased april 2018 w/windows 10. Printer is brand new Canon Pixma 922 all-in-one with drivers downloaded 06/20/2018.

Hi Using CanoScan is surely just a work around as you are not using Nitro pro 12 for the scanning workflow - just for viewing the results.

• 3 weeks later...

Having used all the Nitro versions since 8 was purchased, I've been pleased the way document scanning has worked.  However, this inability of v12 to scan more than one page at a time is wholly unacceptable and throws into question the thoroughness of product testing before release.  Really disappointing.

It July 12, 2018  and I have Nitro Pro 12.0.0.112  for 6 weeks. When will the lack of multi page scanning be fixed?  It has worked for a number of previous version and V12 was proclaimed as great and I pre-paid for this version. Very disappointed in Nitro Pro. Why hasn't Nitro Pro sent it official users notification as to when this will be fixed?   Please hurry.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @canar @IanJ @jcomeau91362@gmail.com @AdrianM,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums to submit this bug.

Please be informed that an internal case has been created for this while our Product & Engineering team are still investigating.

Rest assured we'll keep you posted once there is an update.

On behalf of Nitro Pro, I apologize for the inconvenience.

I've now found that the 'preview' pane tells me that no preview is available.  What's going on?  All my 'Office' files happily provide a preview as did Nitro v11 but not this version.

To get on with my needs I'm back to v11 until further notice!!

cj.intech@btinternet.com

After a recent upgrade to Nitro PDF 12 the application will no longer scan multiple pages,. Using the "create PDF" from scanner, scan first page, follow prompt to scan second page the application will not advance beyond scan page two (2), if I try to save the document it saves only the last page scanned.

I have notice a number of people experiencing the same problem, very clearly an issue with the "version 12" and pre release testing. I have a VIP subscription which appears to be a waste of my time and my money.

This is supposed to be a productivity tool, perhaps Nitro PDF could suggest how I recover the half day I have wasted on this trying to make it work or trying to contact Nitro.

If this is an example of customer service it is poor, very poor, and I expect better; please make it work so that I can! 

Using windows 10, 64 bit, scanner LiDE 220 latest driver 

cj.intech@btinternet.com

I note from a comment posted by Canar on 12th July that they have been experiencing this problem for six (6) weeks. This is unacceptable, If Nitro PDF cannot resolve the issue then they should withdraw the product until such time that it works as it should.

Also, can you please help explain to me what the GB£ 52.82 for "VIP Access" is meant to provide to me as it appears to give me nothing! I can't even generate a support ticket as Nitro PDF doesn't seem to recognise that I have a valid "VIP Access". The only way I can even attempt to contact/report issues is through the "community forum"!

I am not a community "hippy", I am a CUSTOMER and have paid for the application and the support that should come with it. Either make it work or withdraw it and refund those affected.

I used Nitro Pro 11 extensively for many months, also sang it's high praise and recommend it to anyone who was interested in such a productivity tool. Based on my recent experience and what I have read on your forum, current recommendation level for Nitro Pro 12 is currently ZERO or below. I am grateful for the comments by AllainU et al but positive constructive action would be more appreciated and beneficial.   

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@cj.intech@btinternet.com I assure you, we understand your frustration and are doing everything in our power to implement a fix as early as possible. Unfortunately, it takes time to investigate a bug, scope the amount of the engineering work to fix it, and then QA the whole program again to ensure no other processes broke down while fixing this one bug. Per Allain's statement, we have informed our Product and Engineering team about this bug and raised it as urgent/highest priority. 

cj.intech@btinternet.com

Oh really!

I am grateful for your comments, but what I (I don't speak for others but I imagine most want the same) really want is for Nitro PDF to tell all the problem is resolved so we can get back to normal productive work.

Technology is fantastic and brings many benefits, when it works, if it doesn't it becomes intrusive, annoying and burdensome!                                   

• 2 weeks later...
cj.intech@btinternet.com

Oh dear, oh dear; I wouldn't normally waste my time participating in these pointless web forums which pay "lip service" to complaints and promise "jam tomorrow"

However, I find the arrogance and total disconnect between customers and customer service which Nitro offer as an organisation, just ever so slightly UNBELIVABLE; you put out a product that doesn't work as it should (not only for me, very clearly from your forum for many people) you continue to market it I assume with the free inbuilt bug, (if what you are selling has a "fix" then why can't we have it?) now you send me mail shots asking me to buy additional licences!   

GET A GRIP, sought it out or withdraw it and issue refunds.

Archived