Some Text Boxes are Blacked out when printed

jpink

Nitro Pro (and Nitro Reader) both print black boxes where there are none.  I first noticed this when printing off my company's payroll PDF-- it prints off fine in any other PDF reader.  Attached is a "rebate" form that also prints off a big black box, I would attach, but don't want to publicly as it has personal information in it, let me know where I can send the examples if you need.

Using the latest versions of Pro and Reader...

• 1 month later...
terry@devree.com.au

When printing particular PDF's open in Nitro Pro 11, (and Now Nitro Pro 12), some text boxes are blacked out. They print fine when opened with ADOBE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @terry@devree.com.au,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, we've decided to create a support ticket on your behalf.

I'll be waiting for your response on the case, moving forward.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jay M,

Let us try setting-up your Nitro Pro as your default viewer. Here are your options:

With Windows 10, please use the steps below to change your default PDF viewer:
1. Find a PDF file and Right Click then go to Open With then "Choose Another App".
2. Navigate or scroll to the program you want to use to open your PDF file and then select this program. For this instance, choose Nitro Pro 10.
3. Check the box "Always use this app to open .pdf files' then click OK.

If you are using Windows 7, refer to these steps instead:
1. Find a PDF file and Right Click then go to Open With then "Choose Default Program" or "Choose Program".
2. Navigate or scroll to the program you want to use to open your PDF file and then select this program.
3. Check the box for always to Always Use the Selected Program and select OK.

If that doesn't help, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.108)

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.  Text boxes print in black.  This did not happen with earlier versions of Nitro Pro.  Seems to only be happening with Nitro Pro 12.  My Version is 12.0.0.112.  Looking forward to any advice.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Tbauer,

So that I can further assist you, I sent you a PM to ask for more information.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I have a user with the same issue - form fields areas are printing solid black.  Other areas of the sheets print ok.  The user is running Windows 10 with Nitro version 11.0.7.425.  The form is printing fine on our other machines with earlier versions of Nitro and/or Windows.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jeremy_N,

For me to further assist you, kindly send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Skittnator,

For me to further assist you, kindly send me a private message and provide the following:

-What OS is installed in your computer (Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1 or 10 and whether it is 32-bit or 64 bit)?
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab.
-Sample file/s (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Vicente,

Since you have Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance), a support ticket was created on your behalf.

We'll wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this same problem.  I reported it on May 21 and got no response.  I have not found another reader or "pro" product other than nitro that does this same thing... I've printed the same document via adobe pro, adobe reader, foxit, chrome, and edge and all of them print it satisfactorily.  I've had to replace my default PDF viewer at this point, because it happens WAY too frequently with the documents that I print.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jpink,

To further investigate this issue, a support ticket was created on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Printing documents with forms or tables--form boxes are blacked out.   Table cells are filled with a solid background color when printing.

I can provide the pdf file so you can experiment if desired.

Same document prints correctly using adobe acrobat pro.

Edited by KentM
Left something out.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @KentM,

Let us try setting-up your Nitro Pro as your default viewer as part of troubleshooting this issue. Here are your options:

With Windows 10, please use the steps below to change your default PDF viewer:
1. Find a PDF file and Right Click then go to Open With then "Choose Another App".
2. Navigate or scroll to the program you want to use to open your PDF file and then select this program. For this instance, choose Nitro Pro 10.
3. Check the box "Always use this app to open .pdf files' then click OK.

If you are using Windows 7, refer to these steps instead:
1. Find a PDF file and Right Click then go to Open With then "Choose Default Program" or "Choose Program".
2. Navigate or scroll to the program you want to use to open your PDF file and then select this program.
3. Check the box for always to Always Use the Selected Program and select OK.

If that doesn't help and in order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following by sending me a private message?
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.425)
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro 11
-A sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end
-Are you printing to PDF or to a physical printer? If physical printer, is it physically connected to your machine or it is a network/shared printer? Does it have the latest software / driver installed? What is the make / model of your printer?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @sheri_brinkman@emcare.com,

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Alaina,

Thanks for your response and patience.

To further assist you with your concern, I just sent you a private message to ask for more information.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...