Some Text Boxes are Blacked out when printed

jpink

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bulldogs,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Orchs,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the the serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112)? You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab.

Also, please provide a sample file (with sensitive information extracted) you are working with so I can replicate it on my end.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 10:30 AM, AllainU said:

I am having issues with my fillable boxes printing black, does anyone have a fix for this?!

Hello @Alaina,

Thanks for your response and patience.

To further assist you with your concern, I just sent you a private message to ask for more information.

Cheers!

On 7/4/2018 at 5:35 PM, AllainU said:

Hello @terry@devree.com.au,

To further assist you with your concern, we've decided to create a support ticket on your behalf.

I'll be waiting for your response on the case, moving forward.

Cheers!

My issue was only showing up in saving pdf's in Chrome.

I simply open the file in internet explorer and then print (not save as) to Nitro pdf and I no longer have blacked out text boxes.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Skittnator,

Thanks for your feedback in this post.

Hello @JRyan85,

To further assist you with your concern, is your user printing to a physical printer? If yes, kindly note this is commonly caused by out-dated printer driver installed on the machine. Have you tried updating the printer driver already?

Also, what build of Nitro Pro is your user working with? You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab.

• 4 months later...

Hi, when my teammate tries to print from Nitro, black boxes print out over the text boxes. The issue occurs with any pdf that she prints. Issue does not occur when printing from Adobe. We only have a license with Nitro. She has the 12.14.0.558 version which is the newest. Tried changing the printer driver to the newest, no luck there either. Nitro is set as the default. She is using Windows 10 on a brand new machine. Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Katie K,

In order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:
-What is the make / model of your teammate's printer?
-Using the same PDF file, are you also experiencing the same issue when printing to the same printer?
-If you have another printer available near you, would it be possible to print the same document to that one? How did it go and what is the make / model of the second printer?

Hi Allain,

Thank you for your assistance. Though  I was updating the printer driver to the newest, which is a PCL6 driver, it did not like it so I had to switch it to the classic driver. Thank you again!

Stani_cut-e

Hi,

we have the same issue here. Printing invoice PDFs -> text blocks are blacked after printing. Works fine with adobe reader and we did not blacked something (everything is default)

Some information:

• Nitro Pro 11.0.3.173
  • Windows Server environment + print-server + Ricoh Network Printer
  • Only two colleagues got this issue, with others (same room, same Win10 Build, same Nitro version, same printer, same network) it works fine
  • PDF stored on the desktop or opened directly from outlook and printed -> did not solve.
  • Tried different printers -> did not solve.
  • Tried to reinstall nitro -> did not solve

any ideas?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Stani_cut-e,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and my apologies for this inconvenience.

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps for this issue, could you please try recreating the User profile of one affected user if that will help?

Stani_cut-e

Hi @AllainU,

I used one of the two laptops with another user profile (mine) and got the same error. Using my own laptop with nitro works fine.

So there must be something wrong local on the laptop with windows. Reinstalling windows is to much work and I don't think that recreating her user profile on our domain controller will help, because another user profile (my own) got the same problem. Why should another another user profile work ? :)

Any more ideas?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Stani_cut-e,

Thank you for providing this information.

If you were able to recreate the issue after you logged in the affected machine using your own user profile, then there is really something wrong on the Windows operating system, not with the user profile.

I understand that this will require more effort and time, however, I believe the best course in fixing the issue on that machine is by reinstalling the Windows.

Thank you very much in advance and my apologies for this inconvenience.

• 4 years later...
Luke Skinner

We were having the issue with Nitro Pro printing black boxes on the RICOH printer. This was solved through the following steps:

File > Print > Printer Properties > Others tab > Special Settings > under Vector/Raster, change to Raster

This needs to be done every time Nitro Pro is booted up because the setting is not saved when the application is closed.