Running Nitro Pro 11 under Task Scheduler

JerryF

Is it possible to run Nitro Pro 11 in a command window to perform actions under Windows Task Scheduler.

I would like to have Nitro make readable PDF's from scanned documents in a folder. Then copy each readable PDF to another folder.

Since there can be upwards to 30 - 40 documents I would like to schedule this to run at night.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello JerryF,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

You can take advantage of the Batch Processing of Nitro Pro 11. It is explained here: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/batch/000001655

You can also use Nitro via the command line. This page discusses the only available commands: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/command line/000001954

If that webpage doesn't load, please use the search bar and type the keywords "command line" and "batch processing".

I hope that helps!

• 3 months later...

In principal the conversion via command line works, but not silent without user interaction.

The command

C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 11>NitroPDF.exe /w "C:\_tmp\test.pdf" "C:\_tmp\test.docx"

results in a graphical popup which recommends a click on OK to start the conversion.

Additionally the graphical program and MS Word needs to be closed.

Is there a command line flag for silent conversion without user interaction and without opening the converted file?

Many thanks,

Achim

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @asiebert Achim,

At the moment, there is no command line flag for silent conversion without user interaction. My apologies for any inconvenience.

You are more than welcome to share this idea via our community forum Product Improvement. The more feedback and votes that are received then the higher the chance the idea will be implemented into a future release of Nitro.

Archived