Documents keep converting to a bitmap

ktelfer

I am trying to convert documents from a PDF to word, however Nitro Pro keeps converting to a bitmap, which is not what I am after.  Nitro Pro worked perfectly up to a couple of weeks ago.  Can you please provide me with some advice on how to rectify this, thank you

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @ktelfer,

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums!

I have a few questions for you:

1. Are you trying to convert scanned PDF documents to Word? 

2. Which specific build of Nitro are you using?
This can be found by opening Nitro > Help > About Nitro Pro. It will look something like 10.x.x.x

3. If you are seeing any error messages, could you please take a screenshot for us?
This will help if you are not sure how:
http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/screenshot/000001980

4. Which version of Microsoft Word are you using?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Kelvin,

1. Yes they are scanned documents.

2. Nitro Pro build - 7.5.0.27

3. Unable to attach screenshot, Message reads: 'Error description: File conversation has failed due to an internal error' and Warning: The selected PDF file contains scanned pages that will appear as a bitmap images in the converted PDF file.

4. Microsoft Word 2007

Thank you ?

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @ktelfer,

Before continuing I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 7 or older.

It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

If you prefer to keep using Nitro Pro 7, I recommend doing a fresh install and download the latest Nitro Pro 7 version here: 

http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/retail/000001632

I hope this helps. 

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for your help, I have reinstalled the program again.

Can you please advise how much it would cost to upgrade from the Nitro Pro 7 to the latest version

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kelvin,

I am trying to upgrade/purchase the Nitro Pro 11 as per your link below, however I am unable to click on the $79.99 product it is displaying.

I have put in my current serial no. and have been advised that I am are not eligible for discounts, however I am happy to pay $79.99 for Nitro Pro 11 or older.

Look forward to hearing you.

Kim

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am about to purchase the latest Nitro Pro programme and I am wondering if you can please answer the following question.

We currently have a lot of paper based material which we would like to scan and then be able to convert these documents to a word document.

Does the new Nitro Pro suite allow for scanned documents to be converted to word documents.

Thank you for your help.

Kim

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ktelfer,

Thanks for your patience and I trust your doing great today!

The answer is yes. Using your Nitro Pro, you can scan your documents by going to Home tab > PDF > From Scanner.

Once the PDF file is created, you can go to Convert tab > To Word to convert the scanned documents to MS Word documents.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Hi Allain,

Thank you for your reply.

I purchased the Nitro Pro 12 yesterday.  We are extremely happy with our Nitro Pro 7 so we are looking forward to what new features are on the 12.

Hope you have a lovely day ?

Archived