Inop after every reboot

Michael Hamilton

Michael Hamilton

I pre-ordered the latest version of nitro pro and installed upon arrival, on a computer running the latest version of windows 10. Every single time I have rebooted since then, when I try to open nitro I get the error message "The service does not have sufficient privileges. Please reinstall." How can I provide sufficient services? It takes too long to make the product usable.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @mhamilton@hiwaay.net,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please check to see if Nalpeiron Licensing Service is running in the background when you try to run Nitro Pro?

To check please do the following:
1. Go to Start and type services.msc and then hit Enter.
2. Scroll down until you see Nalpeiron Licensing Service and then double-click it.
3. Check that the Startup Type: is set to Automatic and that the Service Status: is set to Running. If it isn't, click on Start button.
4. If it will not start and you see an error, 1717 or 1722, scroll down to Windows Event Log in the 'Services' dialogue box > Right-click > Properties. Set it to 'Automatic' and click Start.
5. Then try starting the Nalpeiron Service again
6. Once the service is started try to run Nitro.
7. If same issue, please try disabling the antivirus program installed on your machine and test it again.

If above steps didn't help, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112).

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Michael Hamilton

I figured that out not long after I posted—sorry for not being prompt about removing the question. A utility program marks that as an unnecessary start up service and it was disabled.

This seems to me to be a very poor way of checking to be sure a user is running licensed software, but letting in run has fixed the problem, at least. Thanks very much for your prompt and accurate answer.

Just bought the latest Nitro pro 12

Everything was okay for a couple days... now every time I attempt to download a pdf file or open a pdf file my computer screen starts blinking, if I try to close the browser it asks "do you want to exit or keep downloading. During this process it doens't seem to ever stop blinking and doesn't download. I saved it to onedrive then I go there and click on it and it starts all over again. I need to get this fixed, I also purchased VIP Access and when I tried to access it, it says I need to purchase it, so I went to my pdf paid receipt only to find it puts me back into this blinking situation and doesn't open the pdf.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MIkeY,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Since you purchased Nitro VIP Access, I've created a support ticket on your behalf.

I'll be waiting for your response through the case.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Michael Hamilton

Thanks, but no ticket required. I fixed the problem as soon as I realized it was just that the NLS service was turned off at start-up and turned it back on.

Archived