Editing a downloaded .pdf file

Robert Weiner

Robert Weiner

While trying to edit an unlocked downloaded .pdf file, when I move the pointer to the text/image area, Nitro Pro assumes an area to be edited, and I do not know how to change it. Other times when I select an area I wish to edit, it will enclose the entire row/line, and again I do not know how to modify the selected area. If I move the handles on the bottom line, or any where on the selection it usually just squeezes the enclosed text into a smaller area.

I have just completed and uninstall, ran the nitro pro cleanup utility, and a reinstall to fix this problem.

Using Windows 10 Pro 1803, Nitro Pro 12.0.0.112.

Bob

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

There's two ways to select text, which have slightly different behavior.

If you want to select and highlight text from just a certain area, you can click-and-drag outside of the text area. This will then only select the text within the box. If you select the text from within the document, you tend to get a larger selection.

Robert Weiner

Thank you Steven,

I have been using Nitro Pro for several years, and have discovered this in previous versions. I also noticed another anomaly. Many times if you try to highlight an area, if you start just below the top edge it will naturally select the correct area when the selection is completed.

This morning I was editing a different file and did not have the problem. It seems that the problem does not occur with all downloaded .pdf files. I just tried the offending file again with your suggestion I mind, and the problem still occurs. It makes no difference where start the selection process, it still selects the entire line/row.

Is there any way to modify the selected field to get the unwanted text out of the field?

Bob

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

You usually can click the Edit button, and then click in the textbox where the text you want to edit is, and then make changes there.

Robert Weiner

Maybe I haven't made myself clear. In some documents, when I try to select an area to edit, an area larger than what I want selected is automatically selected. I cannot find any way to modify the area after it has been selected.

Bob

Archived