cusas

HELP: Nitro slow to open or save documents

Question

cusas

For some reason anytime I open or save documents Nitro takes forever.  It goes into, "not responding" for a 3-5 minutes but eventually it will open up the folder. Then once I select the file I want or type the name of the new file, it takes another few minutes once I click open/save.  

What can I do to fix this issue?  

I have no other issues with other programs accessing my folders, opening, or saving documents. 

I have rebooted many times with no difference.

THANK YOU

7 answers to this question

Leslie V.

Hello cusas,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We need a few more information from you so that we can help troubleshoot the problem. Some helpful information will be the exact version you are using, the file you were using, your exact step by step process, the support tools file, etc. I went ahead and opened a support ticket for you via https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

We will be in touch through that case.

Cheers!

The Pointe

Hello,

I am having the same issue.  When I open or save files, it does take a long time, sometimes freezes and sometimes opens a window where I can choose to shut down or wait.  

When I try to attach PDF files to emails, it also freezes and dose not respond. 

kalidiso

Hello I am having the same issue with Nitro 10 and Windows 10.. it takes between 1-2 minutes to double click a pdf and and open it. Once open everything slow and laggy.. no other application has this issue.. I have switch now to Adobe Reader which opens quickly (within 5secs)

thank you

k

David C

I received an email saying Nitro Pro 11 is now available to resolve these problems. It was only after being installed that I find there is a cost to register again. This should have been advised in the email rather than leading me to believe this release is to fix bugs. Why should I be forced to pay to fix bugs? I don't need new features. I now need to download and revert to Nitro Pro 10.

oisterwijk

I got Nitro 12 ( 234600-xxxxxx-xxxxxx)   and get a continously getting slower response of Nitro when selecting pdf's.  Microsoft 365 home user. How come, what to do?

Edited by AllainU

oisterwijk

Upon introduction of Nitro Pro 12, I bought one some monthes ago before release, as a successor for most earlier edions I had. The programme installed itself (14 2 2018) on Windows 8 personal 8.2 9200, in stead of the running Windows 10 1803. Information: Speed of opening Nitro is extreme slow, and I think that this is caused by this Windows Installment.  How come and what to do?

AllainU

Hello @oisterwijk,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Kindly run Nitro Pro with Compatibility mode by referring to these steps:
1. Right-click Nitro Pro desktop shortcut or the NitroPDF.exe (by default is installed in C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X) then select Properties
2. Nitro Pro Properties window will open, click on Compatibility tab
3. Under Compatibility Mode, tick the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for', click the drop-down arrow and select Windows 7 if you're using Windows 10 (Choose Windows XP if you're using Windows 7)

In order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since the beginning? When did it start happening? Any changes you're aware of before this happened?
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112)
-Does this happen with every large PDF or just some of them? Are these files saved on your machine or you're pulling them from a shared drive? Are they AutoCad files by any chance?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Edited by AllainU