HELP: Nitro slow to open or save documents

cusas

For some reason anytime I open or save documents Nitro takes forever.  It goes into, "not responding" for a 3-5 minutes but eventually it will open up the folder. Then once I select the file I want or type the name of the new file, it takes another few minutes once I click open/save.  

What can I do to fix this issue?  

I have no other issues with other programs accessing my folders, opening, or saving documents. 

I have rebooted many times with no difference.

THANK YOU

• Official Nitronaut

Hello cusas,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We need a few more information from you so that we can help troubleshoot the problem. Some helpful information will be the exact version you are using, the file you were using, your exact step by step process, the support tools file, etc. I went ahead and opened a support ticket for you via https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

We will be in touch through that case.

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I am having the same issue.  When I open or save files, it does take a long time, sometimes freezes and sometimes opens a window where I can choose to shut down or wait.  

When I try to attach PDF files to emails, it also freezes and dose not respond. 

• 2 months later...

Hello I am having the same issue with Nitro 10 and Windows 10.. it takes between 1-2 minutes to double click a pdf and and open it. Once open everything slow and laggy.. no other application has this issue.. I have switch now to Adobe Reader which opens quickly (within 5secs)

thank you

k

I received an email saying Nitro Pro 11 is now available to resolve these problems. It was only after being installed that I find there is a cost to register again. This should have been advised in the email rather than leading me to believe this release is to fix bugs. Why should I be forced to pay to fix bugs? I don't need new features. I now need to download and revert to Nitro Pro 10.

• 8 months later...

I got Nitro 12 ( 234600-xxxxxx-xxxxxx)   and get a continously getting slower response of Nitro when selecting pdf's.  Microsoft 365 home user. How come, what to do?

Edited by AllainU

Upon introduction of Nitro Pro 12, I bought one some monthes ago before release, as a successor for most earlier edions I had. The programme installed itself (14 2 2018) on Windows 8 personal 8.2 9200, in stead of the running Windows 10 1803. Information: Speed of opening Nitro is extreme slow, and I think that this is caused by this Windows Installment.  How come and what to do?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @oisterwijk,

Kindly run Nitro Pro with Compatibility mode by referring to these steps:
1. Right-click Nitro Pro desktop shortcut or the NitroPDF.exe (by default is installed in C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X) then select Properties
2. Nitro Pro Properties window will open, click on Compatibility tab
3. Under Compatibility Mode, tick the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for', click the drop-down arrow and select Windows 7 if you're using Windows 10 (Choose Windows XP if you're using Windows 7)

In order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since the beginning? When did it start happening? Any changes you're aware of before this happened?
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112)
-Does this happen with every large PDF or just some of them? Are these files saved on your machine or you're pulling them from a shared drive? Are they AutoCad files by any chance?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Edited by AllainU

• 1 year later...
On 10/22/2018 at 10:06 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @oisterwijk,

Kindly run Nitro Pro with Compatibility mode by referring to these steps:
1. Right-click Nitro Pro desktop shortcut or the NitroPDF.exe (by default is installed in C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro X) then select Properties
2. Nitro Pro Properties window will open, click on Compatibility tab
3. Under Compatibility Mode, tick the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for', click the drop-down arrow and select Windows 7 if you're using Windows 10 (Choose Windows XP if you're using Windows 7)

In order for me to further assist you, could you please provide me with the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since the beginning? When did it start happening? Any changes you're aware of before this happened?
-What build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112)
-Does this happen with every large PDF or just some of them? Are these files saved on your machine or you're pulling them from a shared drive? Are they AutoCad files by any chance?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

This did not resolve my issue. In addition to this, I performed a repair on the installation using the windows 10 add or remove programs tool.

After repairing the installation my problem was alleviated for a couple of days but it is back again. My custom menu items are also getting deleted. There is a delay when a file opened, created or appended. There is also a delay when adding pages from the clipboard or from a file. No other apps on my PC are lagging like Nitro Pro. It's seriously affecting my productivity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @UserPerson,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:

-After repairing your machine and helped the performance, did your machine just installed any Windows Updates?
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

35 minutes ago, AllainU said:

Hello @UserPerson,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:

-After repairing your machine and helped the performance, did your machine just installed any Windows Updates?
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 

There was a not a recent Windows 10 update.

I am using Nitro Pro 13.2.6.26

This happens with every file. The wait time has gotten better. However, every time I open, preview, or append any PDF file there is still a delay of 6 - 30 seconds. 

My system has an abundance of memory and processing power. My other apps are running great, including those that use a lot of resources.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @UserPerson,

Thank you for this information.

I am pleased to inform you that we just release Nitro Pro 13.8.2.140 so please update using below direct installers:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1382140/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x86.msi 
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1382140/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help:  https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000003790 

Should the program still have the same slow behavior, do you have custom fonts installed on your system?

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that I, too, am having this issue. Was doing the trial of Pro attached to free version, to see if it was worth getting pro version. (Version 11.0.3.173) After one day of use, I have to say that the program is so slow as to be unusable. As others have said, 2-5 minutes to open a document, and it locks up again (not responding) when saving. I see that this issue was first reported in May of 2017. The fact that it's still not fixed is enough to convince me to look for other software solutions. It's too bad, as the program, once it finally loads, looks good. But I work with a moderate to large number of pdf files on a daily basis, and don't have that kind of time to wait for them to load/save.

• 7 months later...
On 12/13/2019 at 2:30 AM, UserPerson said:

This happens with every file. The wait time has gotten better. However, every time I open, preview, or append any PDF file there is still a delay of 6 - 30 seconds. 

Mine has started to do it. As my Nitro logs in, it appears that the application stops responding until it has successfully logged into Nitro. I am going to see if there is a way I can stay logged in rather than logging in on every launch of Nitro. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Jamie,

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 13.X.X.X, e.g. 13.2.3.26) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Hi @AllainU,

I don't want to be rude but last time I went to the time and effort to provide all the information requested the last Nitronaut ghosted me and refused to engage. If I go to the effort you have asked will you action it and communicate with me, even if it is a "get lost"?

Cheers

Jamie

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Jamie,

In behalf of Nitro, I sincerely apologies for your past experience.

Kindly provide the requested information and rest assured I will assist you to the best of my ability.

Thank you very much in advance.

Matthew Soussa

My NitroPro Enterprise 12 has been installed for 9 months and has worked without issue until  recently when it has begun freezing up when I go to save any file in Windows 10. A netframework Windows update was installed several days before the problem cropped up but not right after the update. Help! 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Matthew Soussa,

-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro.  To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Are you experiencing the lag when initially opening a document or does this apply subsequent documents once you've got one opened?
-Without opening any PDF (double-clicking it Desktop shortuct), does is still load slow?
-How many users reported this issue when using this software so far?

Matthew Soussa

It has happened in the last week; the product has worked flawlessly for 9 months before. Windows update to netframework 3 days before but everything still worked fine for 3 days after the update....

The serial number was not appended to the email I received when purchasing the digital download and I cannot locate it in the software? Suggestions?

build 12.10.1.487

No lag opening, viewing or working with the document. Only freezes when I try to save or print the document.

The program opens at normal speed. No other issues.

I am the only user at the moment and the problem is consistent and persistent. 

I have resorted to removing all other pdf programs on my system in case there was a conflict. I have even removed and reinstalled Nitro Pro with reboots in between. The problem persists despite these efforts.