Customising Quick Access Toolbar

Ray L.

Hi all.
I did a search, but could not see where anyone else had mentioned this. I like that there are beginnings of customizing the toolbars, but every few days Nitro seems to revert to its default settings. All my Favorite Tools are gone, the Quick Access Toolbar has reverted, and Javascript is no longer disabled. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Nitro, is there any fix for this in the works? This wasn't an issue for me in previous versions - only since upgrading to v12.

I'm very tempted to revert to v10, which was working perfectly.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Carlene and @ryl,

Thank you for reaching out to us via our Forums!

Have you tried to run a repair via Start > System > Apps & features > Nitro > Repair?

Please also make sure you are using Nitro Pro 12.0.0.112, installers below:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1200112/release_tracking/retail/nitro_pro12.exe

x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1200112/release_tracking/retail/nitro_pro12.exe

If you have done the above and still get the same issue. Please let me know so I can troubleshoot further and work with you directly.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Argh! The issues continue.
Opening a new document opens in a new window every time. I need them to open in the same window because I need to drag-and-drop pages among documents.
I know I should be able to drag the tab for the entire document to another instance of Nitro, but all that does is cause the entire window to jump to the location where I release the tab, so now I've lost the ability to move pages from one document to another - unless I use Nitro to open the file directly. This is not always practical and takes extra time to implement. a few seconds here and there is no big deal, but when you have to do it hundreds of times per day, it is a huge problem.
I've looked around for options to change the way Nitro behaves and found some registry settings to change to cause Nitro to open all documents in separate windows, so I've change those settings from 1 to 0 (open in one window). It worked once or twice - then we're back to the same issue: Nitro keeps reverting to its default settings!
I'm going back to Nitro 10 to see if that works any better.
I expect a full refund for what I paid to upgrade to v12. This is ridiculous.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @ryl,

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with it.

I am sending you a direct message so I can troubleshoot with you directly.

Cheers!

On 7/23/2018 at 2:41 AM, ryl said:

Argh! The issues continue.
Opening a new document opens in a new window every time. I need them to open in the same window because I need to drag-and-drop pages among documents.
I know I should be able to drag the tab for the entire document to another instance of Nitro, but all that does is cause the entire window to jump to the location where I release the tab, so now I've lost the ability to move pages from one document to another - unless I use Nitro to open the file directly. This is not always practical and takes extra time to implement. a few seconds here and there is no big deal, but when you have to do it hundreds of times per day, it is a huge problem.
I've looked around for options to change the way Nitro behaves and found some registry settings to change to cause Nitro to open all documents in separate windows, so I've change those settings from 1 to 0 (open in one window). It worked once or twice - then we're back to the same issue: Nitro keeps reverting to its default settings!
I'm going back to Nitro 10 to see if that works any better.
I expect a full refund for what I paid to upgrade to v12. This is ridiculous.

Adrian Fairfield
I am having an issue where I add buttons on the Quick Access Toolbar but they remove themselves after a week or two. 

I am finding it a little annoying to have to keep adding the buttons again and again.

This issue has been going on for some time but it is only now that I have asked for help.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ARF,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Kindly repair your Nitro Pro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background. You can refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641

If it fixed the issue but reoccurred after several days, could you please provide build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112)

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Archived