Issue: printing mail as PDF in outlook 2016 / Since last windows 10 update

Lou Diamonds

Lou Diamonds

Hi,

I use Nitro Pro 11 (11.0.3.173) for backing up e-mail in outlook 2016. I select the e-mail > print > select Nitro Pro 11 as my printer > print mail and open all attachments which are all printed/saved to a local folder. This worked great until most likely the latest windows update (may 9th 2017) (Windows 10 Pro / Creator's Update; Version 1703, Build 15063.296). Now after i press print mail, the mail will be "saved as" a pdf file and after that a window opens that asks what to do with the attachment (Open/Save/Cancel). Normally i press open, so the file will be opened (but not shown) in Nitro and a new "save as" window will appear to select the right folder and type a filename. Probably since the latest Windows 10 update this doesnt work anymore.

Now when the window opens that asks what to do with the attachment, the splashscreen of Nitro shows, but closes almost instantly and no "save as" window appears. In other words the attachment can not be printed as PDF with Nitro 11.

I tried it again with another email and noticed that when there is more than 1 attachment (for example 3), all attachments do work (opens with Notro and can be "saved as" a PDF with Nitro as the PDF-printer), but only the last attachment can not be printed witg Nitro (splashscreen shows, but closes almost instantly and no "save as" window apears.

Can this problem be solved? I already removed Nitro completely (uninstall and remove folder from AppData folder on C:, reboot and reinstall). I also saw that the same issue appeared on another computer from another owner that uses Nitro 10.

Would love to hear a response.

Gr, Lou (Netherlands)

Lou Diamonds

Nitro gave the following response:

Thank you for contacting Nitro,

I would suggest to try Nitro Pro 11 and see if the same issue occurs. Otherwise, please run the following before reinstalling Nitro Pro 11:

Perform a clean installation, by running our Clean-Up Tool, to resolve this issue. Please note that this tool will wipe all traces of Nitro Pro from your computer.

To use our clean-up tool, please follow the directions below:
1. Unzip the following file: http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip
2. Copy the .vbs script to any local spot on your machine such as your Desktop.
3. Double-click the file to run/execute the script.
4. Reboot your computer.
**NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them.
Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000002038

Once you have completed Steps 1-4, to download/install the latest build of Nitro Pro 11: 

32 Bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/pro11/en/retail/nitro_pro11.exe
64 Bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/pro11/en/retail/nitro_pro11_x64.exe

This doesn.t solve the problem.

Lou Diamonds

Second option:

Thank you for getting back to me,

I recommend for the mean time simply installing PrimoPDF, Please note that this does not change your workflow at all, apart from having to choose PrimoPDF as the printer when printing to PDF.

Here is where you can get it: http://www.primopdf.com/

PrimoPDF is our free virtual printer for PDF creation however it uses different technology to Nitro Pro to create the PDF documents. It can be installed simultaneously with Nitro Pro. Please use Nitro Pro 11 for everything else.

Apologies if this has caused any inconveniences.

Also PrimoPDF shows the problem.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I'm guessing you've also tried right-clicking on the email and then choosing Create PDF from email?

I was having the same problem. I would open a specific email, use the 'File' drop down and select 'Print' and then select the 'Nitro Pro 11' print driver. I'd get a dialog box asking where I wanted to save the file? After answering this, they system would lock up.

I made Nitro Pro 11 the default driver ("Printers & Drivers') and then launched Outlook 2016. Instead of actually opening a specific email, I right-clicked on it, chose 'Quick Print' and the 'Save As' dialog box opened. I saved the file and Nitro Pro 11 opened almost immediately with the email as a completed pdf.

Making Nitro Pro 11 the default printer may not be ideal for everyone (they'll have to select the preferred printer every time they print) but since we digitize all paperwork but it has worked for us.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Backtable, 

This hasn't been ruled out as a bug yet so it will be helpful if you can open a support case. We will need a few information from you so we can investigate the issue and come up with a solution.

You can log a ticket using the following link.

https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

We'll be in touch through the support case.

Cheers!

On 5/16/2017 at 10:40 PM, Backtable said:

I was having the same problem. I would open a specific email, use the 'File' drop down and select 'Print' and then select the 'Nitro Pro 11' print driver. I'd get a dialog box asking where I wanted to save the file? After answering this, they system would lock up.

I made Nitro Pro 11 the default driver ("Printers & Drivers') and then launched Outlook 2016. Instead of actually opening a specific email, I right-clicked on it, chose 'Quick Print' and the 'Save As' dialog box opened. I saved the file and Nitro Pro 11 opened almost immediately with the email as a completed pdf.

Making Nitro Pro 11 the default printer may not be ideal for everyone (they'll have to select the preferred printer every time they print) but since we digitize all paperwork but it has worked for us.

• Official Nitronaut
On 5/12/2017 at 1:47 AM, Lou Diamonds said:

Second option:

Thank you for getting back to me,

I recommend for the mean time simply installing PrimoPDF, Please note that this does not change your workflow at all, apart from having to choose PrimoPDF as the printer when printing to PDF.

Here is where you can get it: http://www.primopdf.com/

PrimoPDF is our free virtual printer for PDF creation however it uses different technology to Nitro Pro to create the PDF documents. It can be installed simultaneously with Nitro Pro. Please use Nitro Pro 11 for everything else.

Apologies if this has caused any inconveniences.

Also PrimoPDF shows the problem.

Hello Lou Diamonds,

I can see that there is an ongoing investigation on your support case.

We will be in touch through that support ticket.

Thank you!

Archived