Easier Printing would be nice

Rick Staples

Suggestion

Rick Staples

Our previous PDF client had the ability to close after printing it would be nice to have this in Nitro.

Even better:  If we could right click a pdf and choose Print and have the print dialogue alone come up that would be better

We don't print often but when we do we should not need to load the entire client, print, then close.

3 replies to this suggestion

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

At least in Nitro 11, right-clicking a PDF and choosing Print seems to use the Quick Print functionality- it just sends the document to your default printer without asking you anything.  The program didn't stay open for that- with opening a PDF and then printing, it does, but using the Print option from File Explorer doesn't leave the program open.

We are at version  11.05.271 and we are unable to set the page scaling preference to SHRINK TO FIT and make this setting permanent. It is extremely frustrating to have to adjust this setting every single time we print. We print lots of mechanical drawings etc that are very large, and if our users don't remember to change this setting prior to print we end up wasting a lot of paper. When is this going to be fixed?  Thanks!

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

@bsc Supposedly this issue is going to be fixed in the next update, but if you don't want to wait until then, there is a workaround you can apply.  If you're comfortable with editing the registry, you can force Shrink to Fit on always.

I'll mention the usual warnings about the registry: Be careful making changes- things can break easily, and hard; make sure the thing you are trying to add or change matches exactly- many things are case-sensitive.  Make a backup first.

In this case, it's fairly low-risk to edit the registry and add the key you need here (it's a user key, instead of a machine key so you won't need admin rights).

Open the registry, and go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\11.0\Settings\Preferences\PrintSettings.

If PrintSettings does not exist, please create it (New Key).

Inside PrintSettings, please add a new String Value, and call it kPagePrinterScaleSelector.

Double-click on your new string value, and enter in one of the following values:

/i 0

(No page scaling)

/i 1

(Expand page scaling)

/i 2

(Shrink to fit)

Archived