Completely Useless Support! Activation Hell

B. Baker

I have been using nitro pro 10 on my laptop for years.  All of a sudden it says the trial expired. The support website is a horror show of circular neverending prompts.  It says I have 2 activations left, but i keep getting an erro -23..... of course I try the manual activation which leads me to a login that won't accept my nitropro password. And of course you don't have ANY access to ANY kind of support unless i pay for it, no way to contact someone.  Please email me at beaumix@gmail.com.  I do not want to put my license number in this post.  But you should be able to see my account using this email.

It's nuts.

B. Baker

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @beaumix,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

Before continuing, I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 10 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

As a courtesy, I will assist you with your concern.

Did your machine recently installed Microsoft updates? if yes, please be aware that by installing a major Microsoft update, the Computer ID is changed, as it is comprised partially by the operating system. Once changed, this will no longer recognize the original installation causing the program to revert to trial mode. 

To fix this issue, I just made an adjustment on your Nitro Pro 10 license, so you can now activate it again by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Since you mentioned you have accessed our Activation Portal and you are seeing 2-activations left but you're still unable to activate, this issue has related to the all-zeros '000' Computer ID issue. For additional information, please check the link: http://v7.nalpeiron.com/customer/portal/articles/1462338-computer-id-is-all-zeros-v7

With regards to your concern in submitting a support ticket, please be aware that customers without Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance) can utilize our Knowledge Base site http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase and to post your inquiry to our Community Forums https://community.gonitro.com/ (a page where other customers and Nitro Support team can collaborate and share solutions).

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

thank you for your fast and courteous response.  I would only say that it's not really cool to say you no longer support a paid product when there is a defect in the strict activation process.  If you won't "support" it, you may want to have a link to a solution like you put above.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @beaumix,

Thanks for your feedback and for your patience.

I apologize if I used the wrong words when I mentioned our Sunset policy.

With regards to activation issues regardless of what version our customers are using, Nitro Support team is very much willing to assist. 

Unfortunately for this all-zeros '000' Computer ID issue, only Nitro Support team can fix it on our end.

If this issue reoccurred in the future on your machine, feel free to post again here.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro!

• 2 weeks later...
sal@landrushrealty.com

Will someone please contact me so I can activate Nitro 11 on a new computer. I have de-activated my license on 2 other computers. Also, how can I get a refund from Nitro? I have just spent 1 hour trying to get customer support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @sal@landrushrealty.com,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Before requesting for a refund, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Archived