Nitro Pro v12 prompts to be the default PDF viewer when it is

Rob Nicholson

Rob Nicholson

On launching v12:

vZKWrZT.png

But it is set as the default...

AHpgACk.png

Have rebooted. This computer had v11 on before but that was uninstalled.

BTW - Adobe Reader DC on Windows 10 manages to set itself as the default reader without going through Windows settings... like it used to before Microsoft changed the default app handling system.

Even if that's not possible, Chrome manages to open Windows settings for you to make it a bit easier.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@Rob Nicholson and @policeman51 thanks for posting on our Community Forum. I'm assuming both of you work for a business organization so please refer to the following  Knowledge Base article for how to set Nitro Pro as default PDF application using GPO: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/default/000003298 

Yes, I work for a business organisation but are an Office 365-only organisation joined to Azure AD which doesn't offer group policy on the basic Azure AD subscription. This might have changed I guess since we started using Office 365.

• Administrators

@Rob Nicholson a couple of things here since I don't know what your environment is, how did you deploy the NP licenses, or how are your users connecting.
1. Please confirm that you used the correct business installers and not the online ones. If so, 
2. Have you tried unchecking the "Display message if not the default PDF viewer" on deployment utility? If not, please redeploy with this option unchecked and let me know if that makes a difference. I'm attaching a screenshot as a reference. 
If you can confirm that you have used the correct business installers and unchecked this box upon deployment, and it still didn't make a difference, please let me know and I'll escalate the support case you opened with Aliffer few weeks ago. 

ComPost.png

Archived