Opens & Closes - no error message

AfterismQueen

AfterismQueen

One of our staff is having a problem with Nitro opening and then immediately closing.  No error message is displayed.  

It worked initially and sometimes is ok the first time the program is opened after logging in.  It also works if I log in as admin but not if I am logged in as the staff member and run the program as administrator.  

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @AfterismQueen,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

Have you tried reinstalling and making sure you have the latest updates: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Do you get any crash reports? Please send me a screenshot, if there is any. 

Also, please open the Windows 'Event Viewer'. You can do this by using the Windows Search tool, and use the Keywords 'Event Viewer'

When you try to launch Nitro, an event should be created under the 'Application' events. Look for any relating to Nitro and send us a screenshot.

Cheers!

Hello, 

Every time I try and edit something in Nitro Productivity Suite it crashes and closes and I have to completely restart from the beginning. I have sent in about 12 crash reports but the problem persists. 

What is the solution here? 

AfterismQueen

Hi @Leslie V.

I have done a reinstall and it worked initially and then the problem started again.  There is no error message.

I can't find any events in the event viewer which relate to Nitro.

Nikki

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
On 8/24/2018 at 2:24 AM, Sanjay said:

Hello, 

Every time I try and edit something in Nitro Productivity Suite it crashes and closes and I have to completely restart from the beginning. I have sent in about 12 crash reports but the problem persists. 

What is the solution here? 

Hello Sanjay,

I checked crash reports but couldn't find one using your email address.
Please send the email address you entered via a direct message to me so I can find the details of the crash.

Thanks!

• Official Nitronaut
On 8/27/2018 at 8:48 AM, AfterismQueen said:

Hi @Leslie V.

I have done a reinstall and it worked initially and then the problem started again.  There is no error message.

I can't find any events in the event viewer which relate to Nitro.

Nikki

Hello @AfterismQueen,

Does it crash? What exact build of Nitro are you using? You can retrieve this information by going to the Help tab> About Nitro Pro. Also, what OS are you using?

Thanks!

Hi @Leslie V.

It literally just opens and closes.  There is no "not responding", no thinking about it, nothing.  I took a video but can't work out how to upload it.  

She is running the current version of NItro as I have only recently installed the program for this user and have since uninstalled and reinstalled in an attempt to resolve the error.  Her machine is running Windows 10 Pro version 1803.

Archived