Activation fails following windows update today

RCM

After my computer crashed (7/31/2018) you helped me get my Nitro reinstalled.  Today when I started up my computer it did an extended windows 10 update.  Not sure if this was the reason but my Nitro Pro 11 now reverted back to the trial version.  I tried to enter the serial number to reactivate and it said it was already in use. Not sure If I should send my Serial number on this public post.

Thanks for your help.   Roger

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @RCM,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

If you want to provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro, I suggest you send it to me as a private message. But for now, it is no longer required since I was able to pull it up from our system.

To address your concern, please be informed that after installing a major Microsoft update on a machine, the Computer ID is changed, as it is comprised partially by the operating system. Once changed, this will no longer recognize the original installation causing the program to revert to trial mode.

To fix this issue, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro 11 by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

If it happens again in the future, you can reset your license by going to https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Archived