Changing Avatar

Vince42

I would like to change my avatar picture, that is shown in Nitro Pro and Nitro Cloud.

Unfortunately I am not able to find the menu / option to upload a new picture. The account settings do not offer anything like that and the cloud also does not show any option.

Could anybody please tell me how to change it?

PS: At least the forum avatar is working. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Not yet, sorry.

When I first opened a support ticket on this, they told me that they are rebuilding some parts of the web site / cloud service and that it "soon" should be possible to change the avatar again. But soon is now two months ago.

At the moment I am trying to get a font listing problem solved, afterwards, I will open another support ticket. Last time all my opened tickets were merged into one, which was not helpful. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @diegojourdanpro @Vanessa @Vince42 @Nicole R,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

After checking my resources, please be informed that we cannot change the avatar in Nitro Pro at the moment.

With regard to the avatar in Nitro cloud, it can be done if it's a team account only.

Thanks for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

diegojourdanpro

No, it doesn't help one bit. Personal account avatars should be changeable as they used to, or else do away with them entirely.

• Confused 1

While I really appreciate the fact, that somebody is reaching out to us, telling us, that this feature is "at the moment" not available for us, is bad news; especially as "at the moment" is now lasting for many months.

I tested all major PDF editors and from my perspective, Nitro has the potential to be the best - if only the support were better.

I have half a dozen of errors, efficiency issues and suggestions - and none of them can be addressed nor settled, as us "normal users with some problems" are "less important" and do not deserve trackable progress. This is not good customer service. I could elaborate on user expectations and how to meet them gracefully, but will spare this part out.

I could tell you a nice story about the guys from Phantom PDF, who learned in the end, that they lost 25,000 potential installations due to their ignorant behaviour - but I do not want to clutter this thread with the details.

• I agree 2

• 5 months later...

As a user of this otherwise excellent product for many years, I have to agree with the sentiment above. The absence of the ability to change basic fields in the user account profile is unacceptable. Please fix this annoying issue that has been going on for years now.

• I agree 1

I fully agree with you: The software is IMHO the best that you can use for editing PDF - but the customer service is terrible.

I don't want to hijack my own thread, but the fact that some very basic issues are still not fixed is terrible. Currently I found the following flaws:

• Account details like avatar cannot be changed.
  • The software forces me to re-login now and then.
  • The print dialog does not have the print button as default, which means you cannot print a document by hitting Ctrl+P and Enter.
  • The font dialog is broken and does not display all fonts in my case.
  • The quick access icons are reset from time to time.

I already contacted the support (which is quite a cumbersome process and tickets are quickly closed so that you cannot refer to an old ticket, but have to raise new tickets, which need to be merged later on with old issues) and all efforts ended in the following statements

• We have not heard of anybody complaining about that except you.
  • We will fix that some time in the future, but as it is only you, this may take a while.

The font bug is, for example, known since 2018-10 - it just celebrated its birthday.

Wouldn't it be nice, if you could vote for features, fixes and changes online? 

At least it makes me smile, everytime I read that I have "VIP access to support" ... and makes me wonder how Non-VIP access would look like. 😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@AllainU will you ever shed some light on the bugs you are fixing and the things you are developing? All my issues are unaddressed for two years without any sign of progress - don't you think that paying pro users deserve some more attention? May I quote what my so-called VIP access includes according to your web site?

Benefits of VIP Access:

• Get Customer Support from our industry-leading product experts
  • Receive an initial response to your support request within 24 hours or less
  • Enjoy Nitro’s newest features, improvements, and security updates as soon as they’re available

Admittedly it does not say "customer is taken seriously" or "get your bugs trackably addressed" or "expect bug solutions in less a year" - but I really do not feel worshipped as a customer ... especially not as one with VIP Access.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 4:03 AM, Vince42 said:

@AllainU will you ever shed some light on the bugs you are fixing and the things you are developing? All my issues are unaddressed for two years without any sign of progress - don't you think that paying pro users deserve some more attention? May I quote what my so-called VIP access includes according to your web site?

Benefits of VIP Access:

• Get Customer Support from our industry-leading product experts
  • Receive an initial response to your support request within 24 hours or less
  • Enjoy Nitro’s newest features, improvements, and security updates as soon as they’re available

Admittedly it does not say "customer is taken seriously" or "get your bugs trackably addressed" or "expect bug solutions in less a year" - but I really do not feel worshipped as a customer ... especially not as one with VIP Access.

Yes really; surely it’s not much to ask.........