Site shows 0/2 Activations, but I can't install

JosephLavoieJr

JosephLavoieJr

So I installed Nitro Pro on my work laptop, then decided to add it to my personal laptop because I liked it so much. Upon return to my work pc, the free trial expired, and I couldn't reinstall. I went online and found that I needed to deactivate my personal pc software, then uninstall, and only after that could I reactivate on my work pc. However, this did not work. Now both computers tell me that I can't activate them. When I go https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal to this site, it tells me that 0/2 activations are being used. 

Anyone able to help? I at least need this activated on my work pc, but if I have two activations, it would be great to have it on both laptops. Thanks!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JosephLavoieJr,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

JosephLavoieJr

Thank you so much! I've just activated it on my work pc... will I be able to activate this on my personal pc as well without issue? (Note- I ask because this is what caused the issue before. I had thought I only had license for one computer, but the screen saying 0/2 activations used had led me to believe perhaps I should be able to install this on a second pc? Thanks again)!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JosephLavoieJr,

Thanks for your patience and for letting us know you were able to activate.

When Nitro is installed on a machine, (regardless of the activation state) a unique identifier called 'Computer ID' is created, which would generally look like '41959537118535055000'.

We have a rare problem where occasionally Nitro can not create an ID on a computer and instead assigns it to be '00000000000000000000'. This has been related to the deactivation of NetBIOS and network interface adapters, although the cause is currently unknown. This ID causes a conflict on our activation server and will recover an error.

If you have a computer that has this error, you can check Nitro Pro to see if it is the same computer ID through Help > About Nitro Pro> Activate> Advanced and let us know so we can make an adjustment.

Thank you for choosing Nitro Pro and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Archived