I Need To Transfer a Nitro Pro License to a New Laptop

Brent

I am replacing a laptop. I would like to transfer the Nitro Pro license to a new laptop. I manually deactivated the license on the laptop I am taking out of service. How do I activate the license on the new laptop. When I deactivated the license, it did not show me the serial number to apply to the new PC.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Brent,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you, I have sent you a private message to gather more information.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Thank you for responding and appreciate the link

When I get to the step where I go into the "about" and the serial number pops up and the 'deactivate' button beside it, when I hit the deactivate, I get an error that says:

"Return License Number

:-20:Error:Execution Error-Invalid License"

However it IS valid...Its Nitro Professional and I've used it for years.

Any ideas?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Treena,

Thank you for your response.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro and its build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112). You can find these out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab
-A screenshot of the error you're receiving.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Francis H,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please be informed that when it comes to activation and the records we keep, our logs are based on a Computer ID which is generated and stored exclusively within Nitro Pro's user interface. We are unable to see the computer names that you are using for the machines internally. You can find this Computer ID on each machine by going to http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/installer/000001916

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Archived