Clicking PDF links in IE

AMSFhelpdesk

I have a few users that prefer to have their PDF documents open in IE rather than Nitro when opening links. It was working normally before the Nitro 12 update was pushed and not it's either opening in Nitro or Adobe. I un-installed Adobe to see if this might fix it but then it just converted over to Nitro. I had an issue like this before and in Nitro 11 I was able to update the plug-in through Program tools but I can't seem to find this option in Nitro 12. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

If you're looking for the Nitro PDF Support Tool, that's in C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\12 (unless you have a 32 bit installer on 64 bit Windows, then it's Program Files x86).  You can also get to it in the Help tab, under Support Tools.  From that tool, go to the Browser Plugins tab.

If you're a business customer/volume license, there's more options in the Nitro PDF Deployment tool for things like this (you can also just edit the registry, but this is obviously simpler than that).

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AMSFhelpdesk,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Since you have VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance), we have created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case, moving-forward.

Cheers!

AMSFhelpdesk

I am now getting an error message stating "Installation of the Internet Explorer plugin failed." I have tried with admin rights just to make sure it wasn't a rights issue.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AMSFhelpdesk,

Thanks for your patience.

I just replied to your support ticket to further assist you with your concern.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Archived